Re: poll of PICs

  • Erik Houet
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 1 2:06 AM
      > Please reply with your favorite PIC.

      Played a lot with not because I know these are the best, but just
      these are the three types I could find :-S
      - 16F628
      - 16F877A
      - 18F452

      and hopefully the 12F675 in the future embedded in small sensors.

      Played also with keyboards, LCD's, TC4428A, MCP23S17 and 24LC256.

      Greetings,

      ErX.
    • Eur van Andel
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 1 2:51 AM
        On 31 Jul 2008, at 17:57 , nielsspek wrote:

        > PIC18F4550 and look-a-likes
        > becease of the use of the USB port on it.

        USB is not for sissies!

        Did you read the microchip documentation about USB?

        http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/AppNotes/01166a.pdf

        40 pages.

        My prediction: USB will never work in JAL. But JALV2 supprts 16 bit,
        so it just might work one day.

        ---
        ir EE van Andel eur@... http://www.fiwihex.nl
        Fiwihex B.V. Wierdensestraat 74, NL7604BK Almelo, Netherlands
        tel+31-546-491106 fax+31-546-491107

      • Vasile Surducan
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 1 11:55 AM
          --- In jallist@yahoogroups.com, Eur van Andel <eur@...> wrote:

          > On 31 Jul 2008, at 17:57 , nielsspek wrote:
          >
          > > PIC18F4550 and look-a-likes
          > > becease of the use of the USB port on it.
          >
          > USB is not for sissies!
          >
          > Did you read the microchip documentation about USB?
          >
          > http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/AppNotes/01166a.pdf
          >
          > 40 pages.
          >
          > My prediction: USB will never work in JAL.

          :)

          But JALV2 supprts 16 bit,
          > so it just might work one day.
          >
          > ---
          > ir EE van Andel eur@... http://www.fiwihex.nl
          > Fiwihex B.V. Wierdensestraat 74, NL7604BK Almelo, Netherlands
          > tel+31-546-491106 fax+31-546-491107

        • hunt4it44
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 2 9:44 PM
            16f628a
            16f88
            16f876
            16f877

            --- In jallist@yahoogroups.com, Eur van Andel <eur@...> wrote:

            > Hi
            >
            > Please reply with your favorite PIC.
            >
            > I am going to setup some testing with different PICs and propose
            the
            > following:
            >
            > LCD example with LCD on port_b
            > Serial example through C6 & C7, through hardware UART if available
            >

            > I'm willing to order some PICs, if they are not too obscure. I
            have
            > already:
            >
            > PIC16F877
            > PIC16F877A
            >
            > PIC16F819
            >
            > PIC18F452
            > PIC18F4620
            >

            > Please tell me which PIC you use, and if you can help testing the
            > libraries (SVN checkout and commit).
            >
            > ---
            > ir EE van Andel eur@... http://www.fiwihex.nl
            > Fiwihex B.V. Wierdensestraat 74, NL7604BK Almelo, Netherlands
            > tel+31-546-491106 fax+31-546-491107

          • Berend de Ruiter
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 4 8:51 AM
              I will be happy to help with serial link testing on the 16F887.

              Have it working now with Bert's starterpack and Bart's additional library.

              Regards, Berend

              Am already using Berts starterpack LCD library with above but have
              absolutely no experience with serial.

              <eur%40fiwihex.nl> http://www.fiwihex.nl