Re: mmc.jal

  • Joep Suijs
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2008
      Hi Hans,

      Could not find the original question, so I don't know the background
      of your question.
      So for instance, I don't know which mmc.jal are you referring to, so I
      can't tell you if that file can be used at a 16f877.

      I know of two 'mmc.jal' files. One from Mike which uses software SPI
      on 16f628 and one I made myself for 18f252/452 using hardware SPI.
      Both of them are used with the old jal, but it should not be too
      dificult to convert this to the new jal.
      For my mmc.jal, or when you intend to use hardware spi of the 16f877,
      the spi interface should be changed also.

      Please note there is a (slight?) difference between an MMC and
      SecureSD card. My software is only tested with mmc cards.

      Joep

      --- In jallist@yahoogroups.com, "hansvanveldhuizen"
      <hansvanveldhuizen@...> wrote:

      > Sorry to repeat my question but can somebody tell me whether I can
      use
      > the mmc.jal file for the 16f877 or not.(or maybe yes,maybe no)
      > Thanks in advance
      > Hans

    • Joep Suijs
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2008
        Hi Hans,

        You might give it a shot by isolate the mmc-stuff from the rest
        (remove the rtc-stuff, which uses assembler and interrupts) and set
        the proper pin assignment. The MMC stuff looks pretty straight-
        forward. It would probably help if you could find Mike's program
        which acually uses this MMC functions.

        It might work, but if not, it is probably quite complex to debug.

        Joep

        PS I assume you do know that an mmc or sd card runs at 3V3, not 5V?