Re: Newbie getting started: Why WISP no workie?

  • chintonmd2
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 1, 2008
      Bert and others,
      Thanks for your help. I ran the following file and it compiled ok.
      I added in the 20mhz oscillator.
      But when I did the verify on Bumblebee it gave the following error:

      "Verify error at 0x2007. Value in image is 0x3D02 and value in target
      is 0x3F02"

      What do you make of that?
      Chuck

      > include 16f628a_bert
      > pin_a0_direction = output
      > forever loop
      > pin_a0 = high
      > delay_1s(1)
      > pin_a0 = low
      > delay_1s(1)
      > end loop

    • Bert van Dam
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 2, 2008
        >Bert and others,
        >Thanks for your help. I ran the following file and it compiled ok.
        >I added in the 20mhz oscillator.
        >But when I did the verify on Bumblebee it gave the following error:
        >
        >"Verify error at 0x2007. Value in image is 0x3D02 and value in target
        >is 0x3F02"

        The hex file contains 0x3D02 as value for the fuses. Apparently Bumblebee
        didn't write the fuses to the PIC for some reason, so now they don't match.
        And quite likely your program won't run.

        I use Xwisp (by Wouter) or Xwisp2 (by Rob) in combination with my Wisp
        programmer.

        Have fun,
        Bert

        http://members.home.nl/b.vandam/lonely/index.html
      • Rob Hamerling
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 2, 2008
          On Feb 2, 2008 7:31 AM, chintonmd2 <hintonmd2@...> wrote:

          > I ran the following file and it compiled ok.
          > I added in the 20mhz oscillator.
          > But when I did the verify on Bumblebee it gave the following error:
          >
          > "Verify error at 0x2007. Value in image is 0x3D02 and value in target
          > is 0x3F02"
          >
          > What do you make of that?

          I think there are 2 causes of this problem:

          1. Bert's library seems to have 0x3D02 as default fuses setting, while I
          think it would be better to have 0x3E02 as default,
          because fuse bits 9-12 are fixed 1 for the 16F628a

          2. A PIC programmer (such Bumblebee) should skip fusebits which are fixed 1
          or fixed 0 with verify.

          See dataheet DS41196 for the details on fuse bits.

          Regards, Rob.

          --
          Rob Hamerling, Vianen, NL (http://www.robh.nl)

          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 2, 2008
            On Feb 2, 2008 11:17 AM, Rob Hamerling <robhamerling@...> wrote:

            > 1. Bert's library seems to have 0x3D02 as default fuses setting, while I
            > think it would be better to have 0x3E02 as default,
            > because fuse bits 9-12 are fixed 1 for the 16F628a
            >
            > Sorry, the default better be 0x3F02

            Rob.

            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 3, 2008
              Thanks Rob,
              I changed Bert's library and that took care of it and it ran just
              fine so I'm in business now.
              Chuck
              --- In jallist@yahoogroups.com, "Rob Hamerling" <robhamerling@...>