jal 0437

  • wouter van ooijen & floortje hanneman
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2001
      http://www.voti.nl/jal/jal0437.zip
      (note the new jal homepage address, but the old one still works the same)
      dos/win-only, contains only jal.exe
      recognises
      pragma target chip16f628
      like for 16f877 the configuration fuses word is fixed, and only the first
      register bank (RAM) is used. No lib files yet, just copy and adapt
      16f877_10.jal

      I did not test it with a real 16f628, so let me know when there are
      problems.

      BTW the 16f628 target can also be used for 2K 16f87x chips (870, 871, 872),
      and the 16f877 target can be used for the other 8K 87x chip (876) and for
      the 4K 87x chips (873, 874) - but in that case you must check that you don't
      exceed 4K code. In all cases: check the configuration fuses word!

      Wouter van Ooijen

      Van Ooijen Technische Informatica: http://www.voti.nl
      Jal compiler for PIC uC's: http://www.xs4all.nl/~wf/wouter/pic/jal
    • Stef Mientki
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2001
        great Wouter,

        > recognises
        > pragma target chip16f628

        As soon as I get these devices (begin next week I expect) I'm going to test them
        in combination with JAL.

        Thanks, Stef Mientki
      • Vasile Surducan
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 1, 2001
          Old friend...young think, cool compiler ! 18Fxxx?
          Vasile

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 2, 2001
            > Old friend...young think, cool compiler ! 18Fxxx?

            Anyone seen a price (for 1 exx) for any 18Fxxx chips, or are they still
            vapourware?

            Wouter