[jallist] Newbie questions

  • John De Villiers
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 15, 2000
      Greetings

      I just downloaded JAL and im impressed. This is what i was looking for. Im
      new to PIC's and to assembler. JAL is just what i needed.

      I've been looking through the code generated by JAL and i have a couple of
      questions

      1) what does all the bits after the ; mean ( i know its comments of some
      type ).
      2) has someone worked on a RS485 library that handles 9bit addressing? From
      the way i understand RS485 you can use the normal RS232 methods for speaking
      to the line driver. The only time you have a glitch is when youre doing
      9-bit addressing, where the parity bit indicates that an address has just
      been sent.
      I want something like a function that takes an address as a parameter
      returns a logic value when its arrived. After that normal rs232 receive
      routines can take over - so long as they then ignore the parity bit.

      Im a DIY kinda Person. Which programmer do you guy reccomend for the F84's
      and the 508/9's

      Regards
      John
    • Tadej Podgornik
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 17, 2000

        > Im a DIY kinda Person. Which programmer do you guy reccomend for the
        F84's
        > and the 508/9's

        Me and a couple friends have remade the LUDIPIPO programmer which also
        comes with it`s own software for easy transfering ( works in windows
        and linux ).
        Our board is not only a programmer but also a test board.
        Reply to dr_strom@... if you are interested

        Tadej