pic and the voltage.

  • Jose Luis
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2001
      Hola jallist,

      I have been programming a pic and i have a problem, when i put a I/O
      port to 4 V, and i put power on pic16f84 at 5V the pic don´t work.
      May be this solved??

      Saludos....
      Jose Luis Dirección: soderoti@...
    • Søren Jessen
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1, 2001
        > I have been programming a pic and i have a problem, when i put a I/O
        > port to 4 V, and i put power on pic16f84 at 5V the pic don´t work.
        > May be this solved??

        Maybe you have fried your PIC's I/O port ...

        I have the same problem if i set the pin as an output the pic delivers 0,4
        Volts on it ... meaning its fried, it took me days to figure out this
        problem because it happened all of a sudden and i didnt think that it was
        possible ...

        Try to set the pin high and mesure the volt between GND and the pin

        Also try to remember to put a 1K resistor in series with the input pin and a
        100K pull up resistor on the same pin.

        Best regards.
        Lasse Madsen