Re: [JainList] Re: Re: Re: free will vs. determinism

  • nileshkumar kothari
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 17, 2005

      JAI JINENDRA

      jin vani comes from the kevalin - -- this is the ultimate truth as to what has been is & wiil be - this knowledge is ALL & INFINITE : sampurn - this is merely out of the fact that a kevalin has got ridden of karma

      the subkevali knowledge is imperfect - why -- due to karma particles which cloud the knowledge ability & give rise to illusion & delusions

      the kevali knows sees the time particle - what is this time particle

      the smallest time unit is one samay

      whatever is the status of the whole cosmos at a time point XXYYZZ measurement in samay - this is the status of the whole cosmos at that point - there is no variance to that -

      NOW - take each smay unit as a status of cosmos - this samay to next samay to next samay statuses are not variable -

      the kevali is able to read each time particle past present future - there is no variance to that

      this is static , this is pure & determined

      now bring in the karmic particle - this is the clouding entity

      the human soul is bound w karma particles - the one outlook is AHAM - "ME" -- "I"

      -- his pride as to I did it , I achieved it - otherwise it could not have happened

      - our basic nature is to allocate any event to something

      -well the nimitta , kiya ,karya has a format to so many events - it is a sequence of events which are almost infintely perpetual if one manages to trace the whole ongoing lineage - but these are sequences of of previous sequences - we are not mature enough or armed enough to understand these

      a kevalin is pure

      as you go lower in the 14 gati the knowledge abilty decreases - & the being is not ble to attribute events to any previous events (karma) - & merely designates these happenings to someone or something (nimitta) & reacts to it w ferocity , impulsiveness & creates more karma - this is similar to free will

      this is why all the guru ' s that one can talk to or read from will say both views are correct - deterministic & free will

      if reading this still puts questions - I will try elaborate

      namo to shri mahavirswamiji , namo to all arihantas

      namo to all siddhas & to all jivas

      namo to jin shashan

      from NILESHKUMAR KOTHARI jinatma@...

      NILESHKUMAR KOTHARI