Re: who are great ....?

  • jain
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2005
      dear atual
      good inforation shared by u
      reall its great
      lalit tated
      9440190001
      --- atul bafna <abafna@...> wrote:

      > jai Jinendra
      > who is great...? our sangpathi who take sang for
      > name sake or for pride, or the
      > Palkhi, a unique feature of Maharashtrian culture,
      > is a 1000-year-old tradition followed by the
      > warkaris (people who follow the wari, a fundamental
      > ritual). People collectively go singing and dancing,
      > chanting Dnyanba-Tukaram in what are called as
      > Dindis (organised group of warkaris) to the holy
      > town of Pandharpur in Hindu months of Ashadh
      > (June-July) and Karthik (November-December).The
      > Palkhi starts in the month of Jyeshth (June) and the
      > whole process lasts a total of 22 days. Every year
      > on the eleventh day of the first half of the month
      > of Ashadh, the Palkhi reaches Pandharpur. Every
      > saint, right from Sant Dnyaneshwar to Sant Tukaram
      > was following the wari tradition.The History
      > In the year 1685, Narayan baba, the youngest son of
      > Tukaram was a man of innovative spirit and decided
      > to bring about a change in the dindi-wari tradition
      > by introducing the Palkhi, which is a sign of social
      > respect. He put the silver padukas (footsteps) of
      > Tukaram in the Palkhi and proceeded with his dindi
      > to Alandi where he put the padukas of Dnyaneshwar in
      > the same Palkhi. This tradition of twin Palkhis went
      > on every year, but in 1830 there were some disputes
      > in the family of Tukaram, concerned with rights and
      > privileges. Following this, some thoughtful persons
      > decided to break-up the tradition of twin Palkhis
      > and organise here after, two separate Palkhis -
      > Tukaram Palkhi from Dehu and the Dnyaneshwar Palkhi
      > from Alandi. Along with times, the popularity of
      > this ancient tradition has soared immensely. A total
      > of approximately 1.5 lakh devotees proceed along
      > with the Sant Tukaram Palkhi from Dehu village,
      > while a total of 3.25 lakh devotees march along with
      > the Sant Dnyaneshwar
      > Palkhi. with no basic amineties to them like ,tents
      > for staying or toilets ,and bathroom to bath yet
      > this poor warkaris are mostly farmers of maharashtra
      > state,ever year go with out fail,to Pandharpur

      > removed]
      >

      > Visit our sites at: http://jainfriends.faithweb.com
      > and http://rightfaith.tripod.com
      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      How much free photo storage do you get? Store your friends 'n family snaps for FREE with Yahoo! Photos http://in.photos.yahoo.com
    • Ravish Jain
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 6, 2005
        HELLO EVERYONE !!!!!

        Can somebody guide me about some Jain Daharamsahals or Hostels in and around VASHI in MUMBAI... ITS URGENT

        Thanx n regards
        Ravish Jain
        Chandigarh