Re: jainism and astrology

  • viral mehta
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2005
      Hi,

      How r u.

      As you ask about jain and astrology relation, I am
      trying to give
      answer as
      per my knowledge and " MANAYATA".

      First, yes it is write that jain do believe in
      Astrology in some
      extend.
      Astrology is true and it make impact but as jainology
      all is a impact
      of
      your "KARMA"

      We can change our destiny, future by making
      "PURUSHARTH" ,and also
      change
      our star. If we can go by theory of KARMA then we can
      change our start.

      Some SATHU do POOJA and JAP for navgrah but as my
      point of view its
      wrong
      thing. May be there are right at their point of view
      but in JAIN
      navgrah and
      all this are "DEVI" "DEVTA" and as said in "AGAM",
      POOJA of DEVI DEVTA
      not
      preferable. (Though now a day may people and SADHU
      believe in "DEVI"
      "DEVTA")

      Jainology believe in "KARAM" and "PURUSARTH" so we are
      not preferred
      POOJA
      of devi-devta.

      Last but not least, it is a point of discussion and
      depends on
      "MANAYATA"

      JIN AGaNYA VIRUTH KAI LAKHA YU HOY TO MICHHA MI DUKKA
      DAM

      Correct me if anything wrong.
      Thanks

      VIRAL N. MEHTA
      (Vickey)

      --- Arpita Mehta <mehtaarpitain@...> wrote:

      > jai jinendra to all of you,
      >
      > I have some question ,Is anybody knowes what jainism
      > says about astrology? is jain relegion accept theory
      > of astrology? what you people think regarding facts
      > and relaibility of astrology? In my family no one
      > trust in astrology, accordind to them it is nothing,
      > but i think it is................ and some jain
      > sadhu trust in nav grah... effects and pooja,i just
      > want to know about it, and want to clear my
      > doubts....

      > removed]

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • upshrenik jain
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 2, 2005
        jai jinendra to all

        There are a lot granths relating to astrology in jain
        agam, in which the details of the grahs are given.
        Their vast description has been given that.
        In fact the astrology is signal at plateform indicate
        the train position and if the train is just to come we
        should prepare ourseleves for travelling or just leave
        the line if any one on the line. Signal may not doing
        itself only a indication of awareness.
        In the same way astrology may give a prediction that
        what type of karma are coming near future and may be
        consicious. The astrology may not change or check the
        karmas may not come, only initate to do the pursharth
        against the ashubh karmas to minimise the effect as
        umbrella in rain.
        Bhadrabhau Sanghita by Acharya Bhadrabahu (Last Shrut
        Kewali) , Triloya pannti , Jain joytish by Shri Nem
        chand jain a lot of literature which shows the
        existenance of astrology in janism.

        UKJain

        --- Arpita Mehta <mehtaarpitain@...> wrote:

        > jai jinendra to all of you,
        >
        > I have some question ,Is anybody knowes what jainism
        > says about astrology? is jain relegion accept theory
        > of astrology? what you people think regarding facts
        > and relaibility of astrology? In my family no one
        > trust in astrology, accordind to them it is nothing,
        > but i think it is................ and some jain
        > sadhu trust in nav grah... effects and pooja,i just
        > want to know about it, and want to clear my
        > doubts....

        > removed]

        Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!