Who's sunjay?

  • Sunjay N Jain
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 30, 2002
      <<<<<<<<<<<On Sat, 28 Sep 2002 lyndsey wrote :

      >Lyndsey wrote:
      >whos sanjay?anyways.Some1 emailed me and asked what area i lived in to find people that live near me and he never wrote back.and i dont know who he is?and i havent got any e-pals.Jain friends whaterver you wanna call it.>>>>>>>>>>>>

      Yes who is sunjay?
      sunjay is the name of person, name which was given to him, without choosing himself. like religion, country, he had no control over his naming process. very funny? isint it.

      We by some accident are born. and we continue living. without pondering or bothering to think , were we are, who are we, what are we.
      Same is the case with our religion we never question it, question our belife system.we never question is jainism which i follow is jainism that was preached by mahavira or not.

      I HAVE QUESTION, CAN ANY BODY TELL ME WHAT IS RELIGION?
      WHY DO WE NEED RELIGION?
      CANT I LIVE WITHOUT RELIGION?

      Sunjay

    • Maynard S. Clark
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 1, 2002
        I'd say that this question has been on the table and under discussion for millennia.
        The answers seem to be various degrees of yes, no, maybe, and maybe not.
        Some cultures have two-point logic, and other cultures have 3-, 4-, and even 5-point logic.

        Polling individual opinion may or may not get at the real answers, but if you're willing to accept what any one person, or any group or groups of persons say, you might resolve your immediate anxiety without finding real answers. But then again, there might not be any real answers.

        I'll put on the table several definitions of religion:
        "Religion is that which concerns me ultimately!" (ultimate concern: Paul Tillich)
        "Religion is our orientation to ultimate reality" (whether or not we realize, cognize, comprehend, or know how to verbalize or otherwise express that reliationship).

        Maynard S. Clark
        Sunjay N Jain wrote:I HAVE QUESTION, CAN ANY BODY TELL ME WHAT IS RELIGION?
        WHY DO WE NEED RELIGION?
        CAN'T I LIVE WITHOUT RELIGION?

        Sunjay

      • kris jain
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 2, 2002
          IF you are going to kill other people on the name of religion, who are not of your faith, then you are better off without a religion
          IF you are going to serve others, project kindness, compassion, love, caring, then you are fine with a religion and that religion can be any religion
          THE emphasis should be on being a good person, rather than being religious

        • kris jain
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 2, 2002
            IF people are going to kill other people on the name of religion, then they are better off without a religion
            IF people are going to serve others, project kindness, compassion, love, caring, then they are fine with a religion and that religion can be any religion
            THE emphasis should be on being a good human, rather than being religious

            "Maynard S. Clark" wrote:

[...]

            Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

          • Jatin Shah
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 2, 2002
              The answer to this question is both Simple as it can
              get and Complex an much as we wanted to Make it.

              Simple Answer: NO, Religion brings us goodies and
              thoughts by great thinkers ready to use and implement.
              Religion is basis of Belief, Trust and Ethics. This
              are things cannot be measured or produced in Factory
              or can be proved by science.

              Complex Answer: There are still some questions in
              world, which have no answers. There are lot of reasons
              that we know answers about but we do not wanted to
              discuss in public for reason of been misinterpreted
              and/or missed used.

              Religion comes here, if people have belief, trust and
              Ethnics to follow whatever is said in religion,
              without understanding the answers to lot of Question
              he/she will follow it. This questions/answers are
              carefully been thought by some great gurus or god (a
              good human), and solutions are put in our old books,
              so if people does not have time to think or does not
              have enough understanding then also they can follow
              the outcome of it.

              There are lot of examples that we just believe in
              without questioning like "Is my mom really gave me
              birth", "There is an air" and many more things.

              Religion brings us goodies and thoughts by great
              thinkers ready to use and implement.

              Thanks one more,
              Jatin Shah

              --- kris jain <krishnajain@...> wrote:

              > IF people are going to kill other people on the name
              > of religion, then they are better off without a
              > religion
              > IF people are going to serve others, project
              > kindness, compassion, love, caring, then they are
              > fine with a religion and that religion can be any
              > religion
              > THE emphasis should be on being a good human, rather
              > than being religious
              >

              > "Maynard S. Clark" wrote:
              >
              > I'd say that this question has been on the table and
              > under discussion for millennia.
              > The answers seem to be various degrees of yes, no,
              > maybe, and maybe not.
              > Some cultures have two-point logic, and other
              > cultures have 3-, 4-, and even 5-point logic.
              >
              > Polling individual opinion may or may not get at the
              > real answers, but if you're willing to accept what
              > any one person, or any group or groups of persons
              > say, you might resolve your immediate anxiety
              > without finding real answers. But then again, there
              > might not be any real answers.
              >
              > I'll put on the table several definitions of
              > religion:
              > "Religion is that which concerns me ultimately!"
              > (ultimate concern: Paul Tillich)
              > "Religion is our orientation to ultimate reality"
              > (whether or not we realize, cognize, comprehend, or
              > know how to verbalize or otherwise express that
              > reliationship).
              >
              > Maynard S. Clark
              > Sunjay N Jain wrote:I HAVE QUESTION, CAN ANY BODY
              > TELL ME WHAT IS RELIGION?
              > WHY DO WE NEED RELIGION?
              > CAN'T I LIVE WITHOUT RELIGION?
              >
              > Sunjay

              > removed]
              >

              > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

              > Terms of Service.

              > removed]

              http://sbc.yahoo.com
            • Dave Godin
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 2, 2002
                I agree absolutely! Well said! Dave Godin (Sheffield, England)
                kris jain wrote:
                IF you are going to kill other people on the name of religion, who are not of your faith, then you are better off without a religion
                IF you are going to serve others, project kindness, compassion, love, caring, then you are fine with a religion and that religion can be any religion
                THE emphasis should be on being a good person, rather than being religious

                Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                �In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the
                silence of our friends.� Martin Luther King, Jr. (1929-1968)
                �Use what talent you possess: the woods would be very silent if no
                birds sang except those that sang best.� Henry Van Dyke.
                "Let's just keep on lovin' for love's sake." Reggie May

              • Sunjay N Jain
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 3, 2002
                  Voilence in the name of Religion. For the spread of religion.

                  It is easy to pass statments like this <<<<<<<<<<<<<>IF you are going to kill other people on the name of religion, who are not of your faith, then you are better off without a religion
                  >IF you are going to serve others, project kindness, compassion, love, caring, then you are fine with a religion and that religion can be any religion
                  >THE emphasis should be on being a good person, rather than being religious >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

                  We canot cure any dieses without understanding what has coused it to happen. Just by poping in few pain killers we dont get OK. we need proper care, guidance, and drug to remove it from roots.

                  Same is the case with Voilence in / with religions. Hunger for power, thirst for supremaccy have driven few crazy people to exploit the religion for personal and small gains.

                  Not that foolishness has gone down in us , making us belive that whole system is bad. I disagree

                  ((((((( Some urjent work will write back again)))))))))

                  Sunjay

                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 4, 2002
                    I'm often impressed with the broad brush with which we paint immense arrays of phenomena, as if they were truly only one reality. Sometimes, too, I'm more impressed with brush and the act of painting and overlooking details than I am the details of the different realities inappropriately lumped together.
                    But everyone has learned to live without at least SOME of what is CALLED religion, and in that we can all agree that there are some definitions of "religion" which would allow us to answer this question affirmatively, even if other definitions would nudge away from such an enthusiastic affirmative.

                    Maynard
                    Sunjay N Jain wrote:Voilence in the name of Religion. For the spread of religion.

                    It is easy to pass statments like this <<<<<<<<<<<<<>IF you are going to kill other people on the name of religion, who are not of your faith, then you are better off without a religion
                    >IF you are going to serve others, project kindness, compassion, love, caring, then you are fine with a religion and that religion can be any religion
                    >THE emphasis should be on being a good person, rather than being religious >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

                    We canot cure any dieses without understanding what has coused it to happen. Just by poping in few pain killers we dont get OK. we need proper care, guidance, and drug to remove it from roots.

                    Same is the case with Voilence in / with religions. Hunger for power, thirst for supremaccy have driven few crazy people to exploit the religion for personal and small gains.

                    Not that foolishness has gone down in us , making us belive that whole system is bad. I disagree

                    ((((((( Some urgent work; will write back again)))))))))