[jainsamachar] Become Prani Mitra Members

  • dr.c.l bagra
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 21, 2000
      BE A PARTY IN OUR EFFORT TO SAVE 10,000 INNOCENT AND MUTE ANIMALS
      FROM BEING KILLED EVERY DAY.

      BECOME PRANI MITRA MEMBER
      BY PAYING ONLY Rs. 1000/-

      Since beginning we have been protesting for the last 4/5 years, against the
      setting up of Modern Abattair at Mourigram, Howrah, where 10,000 Small & Big
      Living Creatures would be killed every day in the name of Food Processing
      Unit to fill the appetite of Arab Countries by one of the largest Meat
      Exporting House of the country - ALLANA GROUP of Mumbai.
      After initial protests, we moved to Calcutta High Court and now the case is
      in the highest court of the Country i.e. Supreme Court Where our SLP was
      admitted on 11/09/99. WB Govt. WBIDC & Allana Company submitted their 400
      page counter Affidavit and we filed our Rejoinder to it. Now the case is
      listed for hearing for 13 March, 2000.
      Our legal points are very strong and we are taking the assistance & services
      of leading legal professionals from Calcutta, Indore, Mumbai & Delhi.
      Since the company is very influential & financially powerful, have already
      spent approx. 73 crores in the project & taking all possible means to start
      the abttoir, our protest movement needs extra financial support to smoothly
      fight-out for the noble cause of Jeev Daya, where the fate of life and death
      of 10,000 animals per day is to be decided.
      You can assist us in this noble by becoming PRANI MITRA MEMBER by paying Rs.
      1000/- Only 2000 such Prani Mitra Members would be enrolled. so hurry-up
      with your Cheque / DD. and forward it immediately to us :-
      Donation however small or big shall be accepted and is exempted u/s 80 G of
      the Income Tax Act.

      The Indian Vegetarian Congress,
      46, Strand Road, 3rd Floor, Calcutta - 700 007.
      Ph : 238 5449 / 232 7621.