HereNow4U Newsletter 06-35 (30.08.- 01.09.2006)

  • Editors HN4U
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2006

      HereNow4U : ThE week

      HereNow4U newsletter #34 was cancelled due to our JVB London Paryushan visit

      JVB London - To Welcome Samani Niyojika Akshaya Pragyaji
      30.08.2006
      Jain Vishva Bharati - London requests the honour of your presence
      To Welcome Samani Niyojika Akshaya Pragyaji
      (Head of The Samani Order under Pujya Acharya Shri Mahapragyaji)
      Theme of programme: UNITY IN THE JAIN COMMUNITY

      Special Message Of Acharya Shri Mahaprajna On The Eve Of “Kshama – Yachana” Day
      Acharya Mahaprajna
      31.08.2006
      The word “Khamat - Khamna” which connotes the spirit “begging and giving forgiveness” acts as a panacea for both the mental & emotional problems. It is based on a noble philosophy of self-purification.

      JVB London - Paryushan 2006 [01] Summary Report
      Editors
      31.08.2006
      Back from Paryushan 2006 at JVB London under the guidance of Samanijis Pratibha & Punya Pragyaji, we really feel renewed in the sense of relieved and purified from last year's karmic impressions and are happily looking back to this celebration in the true sense of its meaning. Let us give a first impression, detailed reports will follow.

      Paryushan 2006 - Khamat Khamana
      Editors
      31.08.2006
      Michchami Dukkadam! We forgive all living beings and ask all living beings to forgive us. We have amity with all, and enmity to none.

      HereNow4U : BOOKS ONLINE

      Preksa Dhyana - Theory And Practice - by  Acharya Mahaprajna

      Preksa Dhyana - Theory And Practice [2.03] Philosophical Basis for Kayotsarga (Relaxation) - Precondition for Meditation
      30.08.2006
      Acquisition of maximum mental steadiness is meditation. Motionless body (through relaxation) is an essential precondition for meditation. Unless the body is steadied, the mind cannot be steady.

      Preksa Dhyana - Theory And Practice [2.04] Philosophical Basis for Kayotsarga (Relaxation) - Simulating Death
      31.08.2006
      Kayotsarga is simulation of death. Two conditions are essential:
      1. total cessation of voluntary movements, that is, relaxed condition of all skeletal muscles,
      and
      2. extremely slow rate of respiration as if the system has stopped working.

      Preksa Dhyana - Theory And Practice [2.05] Philosophical Basis for Kayotsarga (Relaxation) - Awareness Of The Self
      Acharya Mahaprajna
      Total relaxation is that condition in which the separateness of the body and the soul is no longer a belief but a real experience.
      The awareness of the real self apart from the body, apart from the tribulations, apart from the emotions and excitement is the real purpose of kayotsarga.

      Abstract Thinking - by  Acharya Mahaprajna

      Abstract Thinking [02.02] The Bhavana Of Transitoriness – Anupreksha Of Transitoriness - A Scientific Process
      31.08.2006
      Whatever is perceivable by the senses is not eternal, it is changing every minute. Buddha said - "All is momentary. Nothing stays here but for a while." If the sadhak's vision is enlightened, he will witness truth in every particle of this world. That particle, which gives him a vision of truth, can alone be his teacher.

      Abstract Thinking [02.03] The Bhavana Of Transitoriness – The Consciousness Of Detachment
      01.09.2006
      Fascinated by name and outward form, a man readily accepts everything and vainly thinks that he knows all. We know other persons by their names. We have evolved a framework of names, and whatever shape fits in that frame, we call it by a particular name. But remove the name and the figure, and what do we know? Nothing. Our illusion is reared in the cradle of belief. If we go into it deeply, we shall find that the whole world is locked up in the prison of belief. The talk of knowing is a far cry.
      http://www.herenow4u.de/Pages/eng/Sections/Abstract_Thinking/2/AbstractThinking02.03TheB.htm

      HereNow4U : DEUTSCH

      will be continued next week / wird kommende Woche fortgesetzt

      To unsubscribe from the HereNow4U news letter, please reply this message with 'Unsubscribe' in the subject line.

      Carla & Christian Geerdes
      (Karuna & Aparigraha Jain)
      Editors HereNow4U
      Online Magazine
      Berlin, Germany

      You find our guestbook at the bottom of each page.
      Drop us a line. Let us know your pros, cons, questions and wishes.
      Make it yours - HereNow4U