HereNow4U Newsletter 06-31 (30.07.- 05.08.2006)

  • Editors HN4U
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2006

      HereNow4U : ThE week

      Press Report: Position Of Women In Ancient India With Special Reference To Jain Agamas
      Dr. Balaji Ganorkar
      01.08.2006
      Dr. Shefali Chaturvedi delivered her lecture on ‘Position of Women in Ancient India' with special reference to the Jain Agamas in the 13th Monthly Study Circle's meeting of B. L. Institute of Indology, Delhi on 8th July 2006. She based her lecture on the Vedic, Buddhist and Jaina tenets.
      http://www.herenow4u.de/Pages/eng/Articles/PressReportPositionOfWome.htm

      JVB London - Samanijis At House Of Commons
      Editors
      04.08.2006
      On Thurday, 13th July 2006, Samanijis were invited to the House of Commons in London to talk together with Yogamaster Swami Ramdev on Vegetarianism. The group 'Young Indian Vegetarian' had asked them to present their views on the subject. It was the first time, that Jain nuns had the opportunity to present the Jain view on Vegetarianism to a public consisting of political representatives in a European Parliament.
      http://www.herenow4u.de/Pages/eng/Articles/JVBLondon-SamanijisAtHous.htm

      HereNow4U : BOOKS ONLINE

      The Mysteries Of Mind - by  Acharya Mahaprajna

      The Mysteries Of Mind [29.2] Preksa Meditation - Five Principles Of Mental Training (2)
      31.07.2006
      The practice of preksa meditation breaks our torpor and makes the mind wakefully attached to truth and moral discipline. Such a mind cannot be deluded by anybody. In this respect mantras or charms are very useful. We employ charms to remove mental and physical diseases. We can make ourselves pure with the help of Bhavana which can give us mental and physical health. When consciousness has been aroused, holy feelings rise in our minds and make our thought realistic. With such thoughts we proceed to perceive the soul. Feeling, thoughts and perception become im­mersed in consciousness and the mind becomes free from attach­ments and aversions and remains neutral. It stops reacting. This is the way to get rid of all problems and miseries.
      http://www.herenow4u.de/Pages/eng/Sections/Mysteries_Of_Mind/29/TheMysteriesOfMind29.2Pre.htm

      This excellent book is now completely online (#16). It was carefully scanned, read, reflected and linked with the glossary.

       (please report any mistake - thank you)

      The Miracle Is You - by  Gurudev Chitrabhanu

      The Miracle Is You [ 4.0 ] A Philosophy For Life
      31.07.2006
      Jainism is a school of philosophy,[1] a religion and a way of life, but its main emphasis is on living: the way of practice. The word used in the scriptures to describe the aim of Jainism is darshan. Darshan is to perceive, to see, and what is seen with the inner reality is called darshan. It is not only religion or philosophy, it is not only thinking, it is seeing. And when you see, you cannot help but practice, you live the principles.
      http://www.herenow4u.de/Pages/eng/Sections/The_Miracle_Is_You/TheMiracleIsYou4.0APhilos.htm

      The Miracle Is You [ 4.1 ] A Philosophy For Life - Soul and Matter
      01.08.2006
      Is this world only matter? Or is there more than matter? The seers perceive this world as a combination of both soul and matter. They are together from time immemorial. There was no time when you can say that there was no world or there will be no world. Yes, there will be change, but that does not mean there will be no existence or there will be zero, no substance. This the seer knows that there is always change. Every minute the form changes, and what we call destruction is nothing but a change.
      http://www.herenow4u.de/Pages/eng/Sections/The_Miracle_Is_You/TheMiracleIsYou4.1APhilos.htm

      The Miracle Is You [ 4.2 ] A Philosophy For Life - Who is a Guru?
      02.08.2006
      Then why do we need any help? Why do we need a teacher or guru? Why do we need books? Let us see the definition of a teacher. Gu means ignorance and ru means remover. He who removes the darkness of ignorance is called a guru. A guru removes, not gives. If you have something covered, he removes that which is covering your consciousness.
      http://www.herenow4u.de/Pages/eng/Sections/The_Miracle_Is_You/TheMiracleIsYou4.2APhilos.htm

      The Miracle Is You [ 4.3 ] A Philosophy For Life - The Three Jewels
      03.08.2006
      The means by which this living energy evolves are three. They are right vision or seeing, (Samyag Darshari), right knowledge [Samyag Jnana), and right conduct {Samyag Charitra). These are known as the three jewels of Jain philosophy. With these three jewels we evolve and liberate ourselves.
      http://www.herenow4u.de/Pages/eng/Sections/The_Miracle_Is_You/TheMiracleIsYou4.3APhilos.htm

      The Miracle Is You [ 4.4 ] A Philosophy For Life - Right Knowledge
      04.08.2006
      To work on ourself, we put faith in ourself, we come closer to ourself. We take responsibility for ourself to make what we want of this life. For that we need constant awareness. This experience of our centre starts from here. From this moment when this insight is experienced, one knows how to train one's mind and deal with the world of matter, the world at large. Then one does not allow one's mind to cover the consciousness with hatred, judgement, anger and bitterness. When anything causes devolution, immediately the conscious mind becomes aware of it and stops this downward process. It recognizes that this is not the nature of the self.
      http://www.herenow4u.de/Pages/eng/Sections/The_Miracle_Is_You/TheMiracleIsYou4.4APhilos.htm

      The Miracle Is You [ 4.4 ] A Philosophy For Life - Right Knowledge
      05.08.2006
      From the right vision and right knowledge, we go to right conduct. Right conduct means refraining from what is harmful and doing what is helpful. In short, it is what helps the self to get rid of those vibrations of karmas, which lead to bondage and suffering. It is not a commandment imposed from outside which you have to do or you will be punished. That is not Jain's approach. Conduct is comprised of principles, which help you conduct your life, to go towards that awareness of self-experience.
      http://www.herenow4u.de/Pages/eng/Sections/The_Miracle_Is_You/TheMiracleIsYou4.5APhilos.htm

      Preksa Dhyana - Theory And Practice - by  Acharya Mahaprajna

      Preksa Dhyana - Theory And Practice [0.0] Publishers Note
      01.08.2006
      In publishing this book, it is hoped to bring to the reader, in simple language, some of the truths, already known to the ancient philosopher, and not known to modern science.
      What is Preksa Dhyana?
      Preksa-dhyana is a technique of meditation for attitudinal change, behavioural modification and integrated development of personality. It is based on the wisdom of ancient philosophy and has been formulated in terms of modern scientific concepts. We hope that the synthesis of the ancient wisdom and the modern scientific knowledge will help us in achieving the blissful aim of establishing amity, peace and happiness in the world by eradicat­ing the bestial urges such as cruelty, retaliation and hate.
      http://www.herenow4u.de/Pages/eng/Sections/Preksa_Dhyana/0/PreksaDhyana-TheoryAndPra.htm

      Preksa Dhyana - Theory And Practice [0.1] Introduction
      02.08.2006
      In this age of technology, industrialisation and overpopulation, we are constantly subjected to tremendous stresses and ten­sions. These, in turn, produce psychosomatic diseases like hyper­tension, insomnia, and various types of heart problems. In desperation, people take to drinking and dangerous drugs, which give temporary relief, but create more serious problems. The remedy does not lie in drugs or fantasy, but in the process of catharsis and development of the inherent powers.
      http://www.herenow4u.de/Pages/eng/Sections/Preksa_Dhyana/0/PreksaDhyana-TheoryAndPra-2.htm

      Preksa Dhyana - Theory And Practice [1.01] Basic Principles – What Is Preksa?
      03.08.2006
      The terms dhyana (meditation) is usually defined as the 'concentration of thinking on a particular subject for a length of time. Now, the mind is the instrument of 'thinking', as well as 'perception'. And, therefore, when linked with 'preksa', dhyana becomes 'concentration of perception and not of thought'. While it is conceded that both thinking (conception) as well as seeing (perception) assist in ascertaining and knowing the truth, the latter is more potent than the former. In the tenets propounded by Bhagavan Mahavira, 'Perceive and know’ is given more prominence than 'Think, contemplate and know'. This is because perception is strictly concerned with the phenomena of the present; it is neither a memory of the past nor an imagination of the future; whatever is happening at the moment of perception must necessarily be a reality. The process of perception, therefore, excludes a mere 'appearance'.
      http://www.herenow4u.de/Pages/eng/Sections/Preksa_Dhyana/1/PreksaDhyana-TheoryAndPra.htm

      Preksa Dhyana - Theory And Practice [1.02] Basic Principles – Aim of Preksa Dhyana
      04.08.2006
      The main purpose of the practice of preksa dhyana is to purify the mental states. Mind is constantly choked by con­taminating urges, emotions and passions. This hampers the flow of wisdom. The hurdles of uncleanliness must first be removed. When the mind is cleaned, peace of mind automatically surfaces. Balance of mind, equanimity and the state of well-being are also experienced simultaneously.
      http://www.herenow4u.de/Pages/eng/Sections/Preksa_Dhyana/1/PreksaDhyana-TheoryAndPra-2.htm

      Preksa Dhyana - Theory And Practice [1.03] Basic Principles – Preparation for Preksa Dhyana
      05.08.2006
      At the commencement of the meditation session, all sadhakas shall assume a posture of cross-legged position, totally relax the body and mind to remove the tension, and with folded hands, recite the following aphorisms...

      HereNow4U : DEUTSCH

      Geheimnisse des Geistes von Acharya Mahaprajna

      Geheimnisse des Geistes [01.3] Suche nach dem, was ist : Offenbarung der Wahrheit (3)
      02.08.2006
      Alle Menschen wünschen sich Gesundheit, ein langes Leben, Glück und Frieden. Jeder in der Gesellschaft wünscht sich Gesundheit und ein langes Leben. Jeder weiss, dass er eines Tages sterben muss, doch möchte er den Tod solange wie möglich aufschieben. Niemand möchte ein Leben voller Elend und Unglück, jeder möchte ein friedliches Leben in Wohlstand. Aber können wir Frieden ohne Weisheit finden? Können wir ein langes und gesundes Leben in Wohlstand ohne geistigen Frieden leben? Das ist unmöglich. Der Weg jener Menschen ist das Gegenteil von dem, was wir beschrieben haben. Ihre Präferenzen sind Gesundheit, langes Leben, Wohlstand und Frieden.
      Doch sie werden die Reihenfolge ihrer Präferenzen ändern müssen. Frieden kommt nur durch Unterscheidungsfähigkeit, Wohlstand durch Frieden und Gesundheit durch Wohlstand.
      Geheimnisse des Geistes [01.4] Suche nach dem, was ist : Offenbarung der Wahrheit (4)
      04.08.2006
      Emotionen, Täuschungen, Begierden und Mangel an Unterscheidungsvermögen sind die vier Verteidigungslinien des Unbewussten. Für die Verwirklichung unseres Selbst reicht es nicht, dass wir unsere Vorlieben und Abneigungen, unser Gebundensein und unsere Aversionen besiegen. Wir müssen schon eine gut überlegte Strategie für den Angriff auf unser Unbewusstes bereit haben. Zuerst müssen wir den Mangel an Unterscheidungsvermögen überwinden, die stärkste Verteidigungslinie des Unbewussten. Die drei anderen sind nicht so stark und können leichter durchbrochen werden.

      To unsubscribe from the HereNow4U news letter, please reply this message with 'Unsubscribe' in the subject line.

      Carla & Christian Geerdes
      (Karuna & Aparigraha Jain)
      Editors HereNow4U
      Online Magazine
      Berlin, Germany

      You find our guestbook at the bottom of each page.
      Drop us a line. Let us know your pros, cons, questions and wishes.
      Make it yours - HereNow4U