HereNow4U Newsletter 06-26 ( 24.06.- 01.07.2006)

  • Editors HN4U
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2006

      HereNow4U : ThE week

      Activities JVBNA - April To June 2006
      25.06.2006
      4 months of the ten months stay of Samanijis Mudit & Sangha Pragya at Jain Vishva Bharati Iselin, New Jersey, in 2006 are over now...
      http://www.herenow4u.de/Pages/eng/Articles/ActivitiesJVB-NAAprilToJu.htm

      All India Summer School 2006 Delhi
      Dr. Balaji Ganorka
      27.06.2006
      The 18th All India Summer School on Prakrit language, literature & Manuscriptology was held at B. L. Institute of Indology, Delhi from 21st May to 11th June 2006. The Valedictory Function of the three weeks All India Summer School on Prakrit Language, Literature & Manuscriptology was held at Bhogilal Leherchand Institute of Indology, Delhi, on 11th June 2006.
      http://www.herenow4u.de/Pages/eng/Articles/AllIndiaSummerSchool2006D.htm

      London: Prakrit Courses Summer 2006
      28.06.2006
      Following the successful completion of Prakrit Course offerings in the summers of 2004 and 2005, it has been decided to offer Prakrit Summer Courses in 2006 as well. Dr Jagat Ram Bhattacharyyaji from Jain Vishva Bharati Institute, Ladnun, Rajasthan, will be coming to London to teach the course. His wife, Mrs. Lopa Mudra will accompany and assist him.
      http://www.herenow4u.de/Pages/eng/Articles/LondonPrakritCoursesSumme.htm

      Jaina Studies: Their Present State And Future Tasks
      Manish Modi
      29.06.2006
      Jaina Studies: Their Present State And Future Tasks (English)
      By Professor Dr Ludwig Alsdorf
      Pandit Nathuram Premi Research Series Volume 1
      English Tr. by Bal Patil
      Revised & Edited by Professor Dr Willem Bollée

      3 Months Tagore Hospital Jaipur
      Balwant Mehta
      Dr. Shalendra Solanki
      29.06.2006
      On 31st March 2006, we have opened Tagore Hospital, Jaipur. It is a 100 beds general hospital in the city of Jaipur in Rajasthan, India, where we are making every effort to serve the suffering humanity. We would like to serve patients from Germany and other parts of the world at very low cost and prompt admission.

      Ahimsa Yatra : Chandigarh (3) - Mandi Govindgarh (1)
      Swami Dharmananda
      30.06.2006
      For permanent pleasure, equipoise of mind is necessary. Speaking to the gathering in Sector 28B, H. H. Acharyashree Mahaprajna said that we remember Lord Mahavira, because we all want peace and permanent pleasure in life. Pains and pleasures change like day and night; only when we meet pains and pleasure with equanimity, the mind remains equipoise in all conditions.
      http://www.herenow4u.de/Pages/eng/Sections/Ahimsa_Yatra_News/AhimsaYatraChandigarh-Man.htm

      Ahimsa Yatra : Ludiana - Mandi Govindgarh (2)
      Swami Dharmananda
      01.07.2006
      An auspicious Diksha Function took place in the presence of His Holiness Acharya Mahaprajna Saheb - founder of Ahimsa Yatra. Three ladies vowed for Diksha and started their journey from Samsara to Moksha...

      Spiritual Science Is The Best Solution
      Sushil Kumar Bafana, our correspondant from Kolkatta
      01.07.2006
      In the huge auditorium of Mahajati Sadan, Kolkatta, Sadhvishree Nirvanshreeji addressed the crowd on 23rd June 2006 on the occasion of Acharyashree's birthday,  “Today is the day for the reputation of human values. By living a restraint life for the last 76 years as a Jain Monk, Acharya Shri Mahaprajna has given meritorious work to all human beings. Science of Living (Jeevan Vigyan) is one of his meritorious works, which is a revival for education. In the present era, science of living is the solution to the problems.

      Download Statistics: Audio-Video-Pdf-Wallpapers
      01.07.2006
      HereNow4U: Audio - Video - Pdf - Wallpapers

      Pageview Statistics
      01.07.2006
      HereNow4U: Pageviews - Website Elements - Menus - Books Online - Serial Articles - Articles - Glossary - Downloads

      Spreading 2006 07 01
      01.07.2006
      HereNow4U: Visitors from: Contintent Of Origin + Country Of Origin
      http://www.herenow4u.de/Pages/eng/Sections/Statistics/Spreading20060701.htm

      Be Your Own Therapist: “Preksha Yoga Therapy” TOUR
      (learn how to cure, control and even reverse some ailments).
      A series of Workshops by Swami Dharmandji & Nirmalaji [Adhyatma Sadhana Kendra, Delhi]
      Dubai:      06. - 10.06.2006
      London:     12. - 15.06.2006
      Birmingham: 16. - 18.06.2006
      London:     19. - 29.06.2006
      Berlin:     01. - 04.07.2006

      Be Your Own Therapist: “Preksha Yoga Therapy” Tour Report: Birmingham
      Swami Dharmananda from Birmingham
      26.06.2006
      In the morning, we had Deep Kayotsarga Practice with the Samaniji. We went to Birmingham by bus, which started at 10.35 from Golders Green bus stand, and reached Birmingham at 1:00 pm. Renu, wife of Sri Arvinder Jain, received us at the other end.

      Be Your Own Therapist: “Preksha Yoga Therapy” Tour Report: London (2)
      Swami Dharmananda from London
      29.06.2006
      Early in the morning, we had Deep Kayotsarga practice with the Samanijis. At 6:30 am, we gave instructions to the regular students for having Padmasana (Lotus Pose) and Pashimotanasana (wrest stretch posture).
      http://www.herenow4u.de/Pages/eng/Sections/Be_Your_Own_Therapist/BeYourOwnTherapist_Preksh-7.htm

      Be Your Own Therapist: “Preksha Yoga Therapy” Tour Report: London (3)
      Swami Dharmananda from London
      30.06.2006
      We reached London in the afternoon of 10th June 2006. It took about two hours from the airport to Sayer Centre. Manik Choraria, son of Sayer Choraria, after whom the centre is named, received us and took us for dinner to his home. Then we took rest as we were feeling tired due to time lag. On 11 th June, we saw JVB London's new location and were pleased that such a big and nice centre has come up in London. The power behind is the tireless effort of the Samanijis, who had reached this wonderful result after having worked hard for it. People of different walks of life started to visit us.

      Be Your Own Therapist: “Preksha Yoga Therapy” Tour Report: London (4)
      Swami Dharmananda from London
      30.06.2006
      In the afternoon, at 1:00 pm our workshop on "How to overcome sleep disorder (insomnia)” started with 27 persons. I delivered a power point projection on the subject. Symptoms and causes, as well as effects on the body were discussed in detail. What has to be done and what has to be avoided was made clear.

      HereNow4U : BOOKS ONLINE

      Economics of Lord Mahavira - by  Acharya Mahaprajna

      Economics Of Lord Mahavira [ 11.06 ] Mahavira and Economics - Change the Thinking
      24.06.2006
      Our concept of Economics acknowledges that man cannot live without monetary resources. At the same time, excessive earning also would not allow man to live happily. In this context, only the principle of few desires, modest works and small possessions alone can give the right view of life. Gandhiji very often used to experiment this. He was a practitioner, not only a preacher.

      Economics Of Lord Mahavira [ 11.07 ] Mahavira and Economics - Violence and Wealth
      25.06.2006
      There is a basic question, which needs to be addressed: How are non-violence and money related to each other? Whenever there is wealth, violence has become unavoidable. It has been said that wealth is the root of injustice. Whatever violence takes place is all basically for wealth. Wealth is not meant for violence.

      Economics Of Lord Mahavira [ 11.08 ] Mahavira and Economics - The Concept of Utility
      26.06.2006
      It should not be our standard that we accept all that is useful. What is useful can be accepted, but it is not wise to accept all that is useful. What is useful today may not remain so tomorrow.

      Economics Of Lord Mahavira [ 11.09 ] Mahavira and Economics - War Is for Wealth
      27.06.2006
      In ancient times, there were three causes of wars: wealth, women and land. Today the conditions have changed. The wars are fought in the present times for money and for trade. If we do not put a restraint on today's economics, then we will never be able to achieve peace.

      Economics Of Lord Mahavira [ 11.10 ] Mahavira and Economics - Three Questions
      28.06.2006
      There are three questions confronting us:
          * Is peace desirable or not?
          * Is freedom dear or not?
          * Do we want purity of life and happiness or not?

      Economics Of Lord Mahavira [ 11.11 ] Mahavira and Economics - Wisdom of Limitation
      29.06.2006
      Two types of societies are before us - uncontrolled society and self-controlled society. We have to decide what type of society do we cherish? You do not have to seek advice from anybody. You have to ask this question to yourself. If you want an unhappy society, the uncontrolled society is the destination. If a happy and peaceful society is desired, the imperative is the self-controlled society.
      http://www.herenow4u.de/Pages/eng/Sections/Economics_Of_Mahavira/11/EconomicsOfLordMahavira11-12.htm

      Economics Of Lord Mahavira [ 11.12 ] Mahavira and Economics - Environment and Economics
      30.06.2006
      We used to read in scriptures when the sixth ara ushers in, certain untoward events would happen, but nobody was concerned about it. Today's humans can clearly see that the sixth ara has already arrived before them. The problem of environment is before us and man has got entangled in the problems of economics. He is continuing to dream of prosperity while distress in the form of environmental destruction is threatening him, looking right at him in his face.

      Economics Of Lord Mahavira [ 11.12 ] Mahavira and Economics - Environment and Economics
      01.07.2006
      The person committing violence drowns himself whether he harms others or not, but falsehood destroys thousands of people. It is, therefore, necessary to change the attitude of untruthfulness. It has been said in scriptures: Sammtadanei n karea pawam - a person possessing a holistic point of view cannot commit a sin. A person with a partial point of view is the basic cause of the problem of pollution.
      http://www.herenow4u.de/Pages/eng/Sections/Economics_Of_Mahavira/11/EconomicsOfLordMahavira11-14.htm

      The Mysteries Of Mind - by  Acharya Mahaprajna

      The Mysteries Of Mind [17.2] Struggle For Freedom (2)
      24.06.2006
      It was decided that Bharata and Bahubali should fight a duel. He who won the duel will be declared the victor. One of the conditions laid down for the battle was that the combatants will not will any other weapon except their eyes. They would go on at each other's eyes without twin­kling them. If in the course of this staring, the eyes of any one twinkled, he will be declared vanquished. The practitioner of preksa meditation also uses his eyes as a weapon. Preksa means looking within with wide open and fixed eyes and with an un­prejudiced or empty mind.

      The Mysteries Of Mind [17.3] Struggle For Freedom (3)
      26.06.2006
      We produce the sound Arham in the beginning of our exer­cises. We dedicate ourselves completely to the ideal symbolized by Arham. We orient ourselves completely towards the ideal and make it the receptacle of our faith. The sound Arham begins to vibrate in the atmosphere and produces an echo. After this has been done, we begin the exercise. We express our dedication to and faith in the ideal at the end of the exercise also and pronounce the sacred formula: I surrender myself to the Arihanta, to the sadhus and to the truths comprehended by the kevalis. This pronounce­ment expresses a complete dedication to the ideal. The Arihanta is not a person. The siddha is not a person. The sadhu is not a person. Dharma is not an object.

      The Mysteries Of Mind [18.1] Consummation Of Sadhana (1)
      28.06.2006
      Freedom from all kinds of tensions is the first ideal to be achieved by sadhana. A practitioner who enters sadhana, devotes his time to it, and begins to exert himself will come to feel that his tension is being reduced. It is a fact that kayotsarga is a foolproof means of reducing and eradicating tensions. Tensions disappear as soon as kayotsarga has begun. The two cannot go together. Those who have practised kayotsarga or relaxation of the body, who have tried to give up being egocentric and who have tried to break the Gordian knot of mental complexes have felt that their bodies have become light and free from physical tension. What is important and significant is the lessening of the burden of the mind. This is evident achievement of the practice of kayotsarga.

      The Mysteries Of Mind [18.2] Consummation Of Sadhana (2)
      30.06.2006
      During a terrific bombardment in the Second World War an old woman was found working and sleeping in the most natural way. She had no fear and worries. People asked her how she could have a peaceful sleep in such a situation. She replied that the God within her was always wakeful, and therefore, there was no need for her to be watchful. The fact is that an enlightened mind has no worries. It needs no support and care from others.

      *******
      This week we started to transfer this book into German:
      Geheimnisse des Geistes von Acharya Mahaprajna

      HereNow4U : DEUTSCH

      3 Monate Tagore Hospital Jaipur
      Editors
      29.06.2006
      Am 31. März wurde das Tagore Hospital, Jaipur, Rajasthan, Indien, in Anwesenheit des indischen Vizepräsidenten eröffnet. Die aufs modernste ausgestattete 100-Bettenklinik in Jaipur hat sich zum Ziel gesetzt, Patienten aus Deutschland und anderen Teilen der Welt zu moderaten Preisen zu behandeln.

      HereNow4U - Verbreitung :  2006 07 01
      01.07.2006
      Besucheranalyse: Herkunftskontinent + Herkunftsland

      HereNow4U - Statistik : Inhalte
      01.07.2006
      Inhaltsanalyse: Leserzahlen

      Preksha Meditation Workshops
      mit
      Swami Dharmandji & Nirmalaji

      [Adhyatma Sadhana Kendra, Delhi].

      Dubai:      06. - 10.06.2006
      London:     12. - 15.06.2006
      Birmingham: 16. - 18.06.2006
      London:     19. - 29.06.2006
      Berlin:     01. - 04.07.2006

      Preksha Workshop-Tour 2006 : Bericht aus Birmingham
      Editors
      26.06.2006
      ...Vorträge mit den Schwerpunkten Bluthochdruck, Diabetes und Herzleiden, deren Ursachen & den Möglichkeiten, ihnen mit Meditation und regelmässigen Entspannungsübungen zu begegnen, rundeten dieses informative Wochenendprogramm ab.

      Preksha Workshop-Tour 2006 : Bericht aus London (2)
      Editors
      29.06.2006
      Gegen viele Erkrankungen, ja sogar Leiden, empfiehlt Swami Dharmanandji in seinen Workshops in London Preksha Meditation und Preksha Yoga. Jeden Tag überrascht er seine Zuhörer mit seinem fundierten Wissen über viele gesundheitliche Plagen des zeitgenössischen Menschen, vor allem aber mit seinem Fundus an selbst erprobten Mitteln, ihnen wirksam zu begegnen und sie zu überwinden. In Delhi ist er deshalb schon fast selbst zu einer Institution geworden, viele Politiker und Künstler ließen sich von ihm individuelle Programme zu Gesundheitsprophylaxe und -erhaltung entwerfen und übten sie zwecks täglicher Durchführung über einen gewissen Zeitraum mit ihm ein.

      NEU:
            Geheimnisse des Geistes von Acharya Mahaprajna

      Geheimnisse des Geistes [00.0] Inhaltsübersicht
      28.06.2006
      Inhaltsübersicht über die in diesem Buch behandelten Themen...
      http://www.herenow4u.de/Pages/ger/Themen/Geheimnisse_des_Geistes/00/GeheimnissedesGeistes00.0.htm

      Geheimnisse des Geistes [00.1] Vorwort
      30.06.2006
      Es dauert lange, bis aus dem Samen ein Baum gewachsen ist. Hätte er nicht gekeimt, blieben uns die Wohltaten vorenthalten, die wir von dem Baum erhalten. Wir bekommen Blüten, Blätter, Früchte, Schatten und Brennholz nur, wenn der Samen gekeimt hat und zu einem Baum herangewachsen ist. Auch das Bewusstsein braucht lange, bis es seine höchste Entwicklung erreicht. Bliebe es untätig, könnten wir von ihm das, was wir erwarten, nicht bekommen. Freundlichkeit, Frieden, Sympathie, guter Wille, Gelassenheit und Synthese sind Resultate eines erwachten Bewusstseins....

      To unsubscribe from the HereNow4U news letter, please reply this message with 'Unsubscribe' in the subject line.

      Carla & Christian Geerdes
      (Karuna & Aparigraha Jain)
      Editors HereNow4U
      Online Magazine
      Berlin, Germany

      You find our guestbook at the bottom of each page.
      Drop us a line. Let us know your pros, cons, questions and wishes.
      Make it yours - HereNow4U