Teerthkshetras Captured by Outsiders in Maharashtra

  • Mahavir Chavan
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2004
      Teerthkshetras Captured by Outsiders in Maharashtra

      I would like to give a list of Jain teerthkshetras in
      Maharashtra which originally belong to local Jains,
      but now are in the hands of outsider Jains. This is
      just to show you how the outsider Jains are exploiting
      local Jains.

      Mangi-Tungi: This famous teerthkshetra of Northern
      Maharashtra, which belonged to Baguls, a branch of
      Rashtrakut kings, was a teerthaksetra of local Adivasi
      Jains till 19th century. Now it is in the hands of
      Rajasthani Khandelwal Digambar Jains, who have shown
      their �capturing� capacity in other places also.

      Kachner: Another teerthakshetra of Maharashtra, which
      belonged to Saitwal Marathi Jains is now in the hands
      of Khandelwals.

      Kunthalgiri: Originally belonged to Saitwals is
      captured by Gujarathi Digamabr Dasha Humads.

      Dahigaon: Originally belonged to Saitwals, now in
      hands of Gujarathi Digambar Bisa Humads.

      Bahubali: Originally belonged to Chaturth Jains. A
      temple on the hill was captured by Gujarathi
      Shwetambar Dasha Shrimalis and other trust is
      dominated by Gujarathi Digambar Dasha Humads. (I have
      interesting details of this capturing, which I will
      post later)

      Antariksha Shirpur: This famous teerthkshetra
      originally belonged to Maratha Palegars (descendents
      of Jadhavs). This was captured by Gujarathi
      Shwetambars and later Rajsthani Digambars (Khandelwas)
      claimed their right on it.

      There are many other examples of such capturings.

      Mahavir

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail