Communal Riot Reports of Gujarat by Human Rights Watch Group – New York

  • Pravin Shah1
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2002
      Communal Riot Reports of Gujarat by Human Rights Watch Group – New York

      I have attached the three reports published by Human Rights Watch group of New York.  These reports clearly describes the unimaginable atrocity and suffering of the innocent people.    About 100,000 people are in refugee camps near Ahmedabad and other places.  These reports are prepared by the HRW, which is an independent organization based in New York.  Please read them carefully.  For further information visit HRW website – www.hrw.org

      List of Reports
      · HRW - Document on Communal Riot in Gujarat, April 30, 2002
      · Retaliatory attacks on Hindus, April 02, 2002
      · Massacres in Godhra and Ahmedabad, April 02, 2002

      Jain organizations and Jain leaders at large have not actively participated in diffusing this communal riot and helping the innocent victims of this riot. During the natural disaster of Kutch, Jain community of USA and Canada have contributed few million dollars in relief activities.  However on this man made disaster of similar magnitude, we have kept ourselves isolated.  It seems that at this time we have Lost the True Spirit of Bhagawan Mahavir’s Ahimsa.   Let us hope that starting from today every Jain organizations, Jain leaders, and individuals get actively involve in the relief activity and actively pursue to diffuse the communal tension that exist between Hindu and Muslim communities in Gujarat India.

      Pravin K. Shah
      Raleigh, NC USA