Re: [jainsamachar] AWAKE, AWAKE, OTHERWISE....

  • Jinesh Shah
    Message 1 of 1 , May 19, 2000
      I do not think the building more temples will bring
      back jainism. We already have a lot of temples and no
      one to manage them. Lot's of the temples are not being
      taken care of and more people are building it just for
      showing off. They want to get their name in the
      community. What we need to do is do community service.
      Jains are one of the most affluent and educated group
      of people in the world. We need to concentrate more on
      community service instead of building temples. That's
      is the only way that jainism is going to be
      recognized. In India millions of people go hungry and
      do not have even the basic necessities of life. We can
      build more hospitals and schools and provide food for
      the poor and the needy. That is the way we can get
      people to recognized us. This is the way that
      religions like christian has been followed all around
      the world. In gujarat the swaminaryans are doing the
      same. They are helping the people during the drought
      and other natural calamities. We can probably do the
      same and maybe then people will follow our religion.
      This is what our religion is all about, helping the
      needy. Please think about this.

      --- Mahavir Sanglikar <jainismtoday@...>

      Do You Yahoo!?