AWAKE, AWAKE, OTHERWISE....

  • Mahavir Sanglikar
    Message 1 of 2 , May 19, 2000
      Jainism is the world's oldest living religion. It is the one and only one
      scientific and logical religion. It is the only religion
      respects not only human being but also all types of living beings. That is
      why many people in western countries are studying this unique religion and
      joining as followers.

      But what is happening in India? Why we are just 4 millions in the
      population of 100 crores?

      We were 15 crores at a time, then declined to 4 crores and now we are just 4
      millions. Within few decades, we will not exist at all.
      We speak about Jainism as a world religion but why our religion has become
      property of few people?

      The Digambars and Shwetambars are fighting for temples and teerths with each
      others. They should know that hundreds of old teerths and temples are
      converted into Hindu temples and teerths. Can Digambers and Shwetambars come
      together and fight for regaining such temples & teerths?

      The organizations like Anup Mandal beat Jain monks, distruct Jain idols and
      temples and we do not react. Are we impotent?

      Constitution of India has given us some special rights as we are a minority
      community. According to a right we can have 50% reservations for Jain
      students in our educational institutions. We can appoint 100% staff from
      our community. We could not use this right to create jobs for Jains and
      making thousand of doctors, engineers and professors from our community. Now
      the Central Government of India is saying no to this facility.

      Jains will not be counted as a separate religion in the census of 2001. It
      is happening in the year of Bhagwan Mahavir's 2600th Jayanti.

      But we have nothing to do with such things. We have to fight with one
      another.(Because we can not dare to fight with others.) We have to build new
      temples. (Where the number of Jain idols have already more than total Jain
      population) We have to work for protection of animals, birds and insects.
      (We have nothing to do with human being)

      It will go on untill we wake up. It will go on untill we do not know the
      importence of unity

      We do not know who are our friends and who are foes. We must know it
      otherwise we will be no more.

      Awake! Awake!!