Drought and Famine in India

  • Jyoti Shah
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 28, 2000
      Dear Fellow Jains

      You may not be aware of the tragedy that is happening at this very minute in India due to the severe drought and resulting famine.  Many animals have already died and now even human beings are dying.  Here's an article from the Times of India of 27 April 2000 for info.

      I would urge you to consider ways of effectively helping those in need in a manner that is consistent with Jain principles.  Unfortunately time is not on our side.  The situation will keep getting worse until the monsoons start in late June (if they arrive).  That is a period of 2 whole months to wait.  Many will not survive that without help.

      Please consider what you can do to help and act quickly without violating Jain principles.

      Jai Jinendra
      Jyoti & Rajesh
      Visit http://www.AtmaDharma.com for the Essence of Jainism
      Or Sister Site: http://www.jainism.free-online.co.uk.