Animal Rights V/s Human Rights

  • msanglikar@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2001
      In India, millions of Dalits are being persecuted by so called upper
      class Hindus. They are killing thousands of Dalits just because they
      are Dalits

      On the other hand, millions of daughter- in- laws in India are being
      persecuted and thousands of them are being forced to commit suicide
      for dowry.

      Every day, there are communal riots in one or another town in India.
      Innocent people are becoming victims of such riots.

      Terrorists are killing innocent people in mass every day.

      We read daily newspapers and watch T.V. news everyday full of such
      incidents.
      But none of us speak a single word of such persecutions and killings
      of human beings.

      On the other hand we always speak about killings of animals
      (especially cows*), small insects and invisible living beings even if
      they are harmful to us. We even speak about the life in green
      vegetables and underground vegetables and do not eat such vegetables
      because we do not want to kill them.

      But we have nothing to do with killings of human beings. Isn't it
      foolish?

      We do not know the true meaning of Ahimsa, so we do not have any
      place for humanity in our mind.

      Talking on killings of human being can be harmful to us so the best
      way is to run away from working for human rights (what is it?) That's
      why we talk only on animal rights (we know it very well)

      What are your comments?

      Mahavir Sanglikar

      *Unlike Hinduism, there no special status for cows in Jainism. Then
      why we speak so much about saving cows?