HereNow4U Newsletter 08-01 (30.12.2007 - 05.12.2008)

  • Editors HN4U
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2008
      HereNow4U : ThE week
      < Living Jainism >

      Please click on the links to read the full articles
      in
      here|now|4u

      HereNow4U
      Calender Preview 2008
      http://www.herenow4u.de/Pages/eng/Sections/Calender/2007/CalenderPreview.htm

      Calender 2007-12
      31.12.2007

      Most Popular Articles - 2007 - 52
      31.12.2007
      Most Popular Articles
      by google analytics

      Webshots Photos & Videos Views
      04.01.2008
      weekly statistiscs
      will come later ...
      Editorial 2008 - 01
      Editors
      04.01.2008
      Too busy - no editorial this week...

      JAINA Convention 2007
      Peace Through Dialog 2007 - Father Valles : Peace Through Friendship
      Father Valles
      30.12.2007
      Chesterton tells the story of a Catholic family that came to live in a Protestant neighborhood. The Protestant neighbors frowned when passing in front of their house and said under their breath, "God knows what they must be eating in there!" One morning a Protestant boy had to knock at their door to retrieve a ball that had strayed inside. He saw the family at the breakfast table eating, came out clutching the ball and shouting through the street, "They are eating porridge! They are eating porridge!" He was excited and happy that just like any other British family they too were eating porridge.....
      http://www.herenow4u.de/Pages/eng/Sections/JAINA/Convention_2007/PeaceThroughDialog2007-Fa.htm

      Peace Through Dialog 2007 - Rajiv Jain : Vedic & Shraman Cultures Of India
      Rajiv Jain
      02.01.2008
      Many western scholars claim that Jainism was founded by Bhagawan Mahavira in the 6th century BC. This is accurate from an organizational and reforming perspective. But from a philosophical perspective, the major tenets of Jainism trace back to a much older culture of India - the Shraman Tradition. The Shraman Tradition is likely Pre-Aryan in origin. That is, its origin is prior to the Aryan migration to India that took place around 1500BC. Shraman tradition is said to be Pre-Vedic meaning its philosophy being different from the Vedas (which were compiled between 1500-1 100BC). Therefore we had two principle currents prevalent in India during those times - Vedic and Shraman - with Jainism having it roots in Shraman Culture. The Shramanic philosophy was systematized by Jain Thirthankars starting from Rishabdev Bhagawan continuing to Mahavir......
      http://www.herenow4u.de/Pages/eng/Sections/JAINA/Convention_2007/PeaceThroughDialog2007-Ra.htm

      Peace Through Dialog 2007 - Tim Helton : Thank You, And Please
      Tim Helton
      03.01.2008
      As a Christian, I write to express both gratitude and anticipation to the Jain community. My gratitude stems from the contribution of Jaina practice and theology to Christian practice and theology, particularly the theology of Martin Luther King Jr., and the impact of that theology on the Civil Rights movement in the United States. Someone has cynically said that gratitude is the anticipation of favors yet to come, and in addition to expressing gratitude, I write in a spirit of anticipation. Jainism is a rich faith, and it is my hope that its trinity of values, ahimsa, aparigraha, and anekantvada will provide an important corrective to American Christianity's absolutism, tolerance of violence, and subservience to consumerism......
      http://www.herenow4u.de/Pages/eng/Sections/JAINA/Convention_2007/PeaceThroughDialog2007-Ti.htm

      Peace Through Dialog 2007 - Sudhir M. Shah : Exhibition - A Great Media Of Communication And Dialogue
      Sudhir M. Shah
      04.01.2008
      Despite its formidable history, the Jain faith has less than 10 million members, the vast majority whom reside in India. Only 1 % of the world's population is even aware of Jainism. This poses a challenge for many of us active in the interfaith activities.
      Today, an estimated ten thousand Jain families live in North America. Though many go often to the temple, and some regularly attend pathshala (Jain educational classes), few truly understand and apply the principles of Jainism in their day to day lives.
      Why, a philosophy that has so much to offer is understood so little? This is because Jains, the followers of Jainism, have historically remained passive and complacent both in the practice as well as in active promotion of their great philosophy. "Understanding Jain Way of Life" a 72 penal JAINA exhibition, is our attempt to address this issue.......
      http://www.herenow4u.de/Pages/eng/Sections/JAINA/Convention_2007/PeaceThroughDialog2007-Su.htm

      Editors' India Tour 2007
      German Language Course At JVBI - [14] – All At Once
      Editor Karuna Jain
      04.01.2008
      Friday evening before the weekend trip, there was suddenly a knock at my door. A breathless messenger stammered, “Madame Vice-Chancellor calls you at her home - now.” He gave me sign to follow him and headed towards VC’s home. I knew that he did not speak one word of English language and asked myself how he had managed this difficult task. He was assistant to the VC’s personal assistant, and was happy when I immediately did what he had asked me to. On my way, I noticed that I forgot to take my camera with me......
      http://www.herenow4u.de/Pages/eng/Sections/2007_Ladnun/GermanLanguageCourseAtJVB-14.htm

      JVB University
      JVBU - Pooja Sharma - Environmental Ethics And Its Relevance : An Analytical Study
      Pooja Sharma
      31.12.2007
      JAIN VISHVA BHARATI UniversityStride of mankind from Ape Age to the present advance modern age is not a miracle, which took place in few seconds. Man being an extraordinary component of environment made this possible by implying his intellect, power and vigour. In his beautiful journey of development, nature proved to be the true companion right from the very beginning of his journey. It revealed itself gradually to the man while he was steeping towards manhood. Initially he was influenced by physical factors of climate, soil, water, air, place etc.
      http://www.herenow4u.de/Pages/eng/Sections/JVB_University/JVBU-PoojaSharma-Environm.htm

      JVBU Invites : National Seminar And International Round-Table Session
      02.01.2008
      It gives us immense pleasure to inform you that with the blessings and inspiration of His Holiness Acharya Shree Mahaprajna and under the guidance of the Honourable Vice Chancellor, Dept. of Jainology and Comparative Religion and Philosophy is going to organize a round-table session on the theme "The Role of Jainism in Evolving a New Paradigm of Philosophy" in the World Congress of Philosophy to be held on the subject of "Rethinking Philosophy Today", in Seoul, South Korea from July 30 to August 5, 2008.
      Before the session a national seminar is being organized on the same theme at Ladnun from February 21st to 23rd, 2008.
      http://www.herenow4u.de/Pages/eng/Sections/JVB_University/JVBUInvitesNationalSemina.htm

      JVBU - The Role of Jainism in Evolving a New Paradigm of Philosophy
      03.01.2008
      At the present juncture of time humanity is passing through turmoil and facing a crisis, which is manifold and multi-dimensional. Humanity is stationed at a crossroad and is in a fix. On the one hand there are marvels of science and technology that are bewitching and bewildering, on the other, there are value-erosions, moral degeneration, and different types of deprivations leading to tensions, strife and sufferings. The ratiocinative human mind is faced with a dilemma as to how to respond to the present scenario. There is no doubt about the tremendous material progress but has it been able to usher in the aspired peace and the desired prosperity at the physical, mental and spiritual levels?......
      http://www.herenow4u.de/Pages/eng/Sections/JVB_University/JVBU-TheRoleofJainisminEv.htm

      JVBs
      JVB London - Visiting Jain Society at the London School of Economics (LSE) 6.12.2007
      Aadit S Virani
      30.12.2007
      The Jain Society at the London School of Economics (LSE) was founded only ten weeks ago and already boasts 84 members. We aim to promote, practice, protect and preserve the Jain culture and identity at LSE. The society will act as a hub for all Jain students and those interested in Jainism, encouraging the discussion and exploration of Jain philosophy, spirituality and its practical importance to life, in an open and friendly environment.
      On Thursday 6th December 2007 we were honoured to welcome respected Samani Prasanna Pragya and Samani Manan Pragya from Jain Vishwa Bharti London to share their knowledge and wisdom with our members. The program commenced with an hour-long PowerPoint presentation on the basic fundamentals of Jainism and discussed the history of the faith as well as many answering many questions. The presentation proved to be very informative and quite successful with our members.
      http://www.herenow4u.de/Pages/eng/Sections/JVB_London/JVBL-VisitingJainSocietya.htm

      JVB New Jersey - Newsletter Inner Reflections 2007-12
      30.12.2007
      Inner Reflections -Volume V - Issue 5 - December 2007
      Message from Acharya Shree Mahaprajna + Fifth convocation of JVBU + JVBNA Events In November: Jaap on Mahavir Nirvana Divas + Final Exams of Prekshameditation trainees + Samanijis visit to Drew University + JVBNA Events In December: Annual Function + Pain Relief Through PM + A Session Among + Cheerleaders + Samanijis’ Departure + JVBNA Regular Sessions
      http://www.herenow4u.de/Pages/eng/Sections/JVB_NewJersey/JVBNewJersey-NewsletterIn-8.htm

      JVB London - Souvenir 2007
      JVBL - Souvenir 2007 – International Ahimsa Day, October 2, 2007
      Acharya Mahaprajna
      02.01.2008
      The United Nations Organization has declared the birthday (2nd October) of Mahatma Gandhi to be celebrated as "International Ahimsa Day" every year. This is indeed a very important event. Through this declaration, the UNO has not only attracted the attention of the whole world to Ahimsa (non-violence) but also has presented a new alternative before the people of the world, who are reeling under the panic of violence and terrorism. This effort of furnishing a new orientation to thinking and vision is really commendable....
      http://www.herenow4u.de/Pages/eng/Sections/JVB_London/JVBL-Souvenir2007_Interna.htm

      JVBL - Souvenir 2007 - Ahimsa, Non-Violence Messages
      03.01.2008
      Acharya Mahaprajna
      Non-violence is the need of the hour, the demand of the present era. It is even better to state that non-violence is human nature. Therefore, whenever man drifts away from his nature, problems emerge. To resolve these problems he needs to go back to his true nature i.e. non-violence. This means that from one's original nature to a distortion and from the distortion back to what is natural to him, man moves in cycles. If man could relate to and take a lesson from nature, he would be able to live within the parameters of non-violence - which is what comes naturally to him and a new culture could evolve......
      http://www.herenow4u.de/Pages/eng/Sections/JVB_London/JVBL-Souvenir2007-AhimsaN.htm

      JVBL - Souvenir 2007 - Ahimsa, Non-Violence : Form & Nature
      Acharya Tulsi
      04.01.2008
      Indian culture is dominated by spirituality and the soul of spirituality is ahimsa (non-violence). It is the quintessence of all religions. The religion that is not connected to ahimsa cannot protect anyone. Bereft of ahimsa, religion is like a body without a soul. Despite its praise and adoration by all, we come across conflicting views as regards the form and nature of ahimsa. The circumference of its definitions is so vast and expansive that sometimes its centre disappears. From one point of view it is an extensive royal road but from another it is compared to a steep and narrow path hemmed in on either side by deep valleys. The path of ahimsa is narrower than the edge of sword. In a situation like this how can anyone dare to tread it?........
      http://www.herenow4u.de/Pages/eng/Sections/JVB_London/JVBL-Souvenir2007-AhimsaN-2.htm

      Press Review
      View Point: New Dawn For The New Year
      Acharya Mahaprajna
      30.12.2007
      The scientists today are carrying out studies and research into Innumerable subjects. They are also publishing reports from time to time which provide us with an opportunity to understand ecology and environment and also bestow on us an in depth experience of human problems. These studies are, however, lacking in the investigation or survey of human development. We can thus conclude that in the global society there is a rat race for economic development, materialistic development and the development of the means of comfort but human development is being lost sight of. This one-sided view as well as the endeavor is creating a long list of problems. Solutions are also being investigated but they themselves are becoming problems on account of this lopsided approach. The truth is that any development that ignores human development cannot solve the problem. .......
      http://www.herenow4u.de/Pages/eng/Sections/Press_Reviews/ViewPointNewDawnForTheNew.htm

      New Year Message 2008
      Acharya Mahaprajna
      01.01.2008
      The scientists today are carrying out studies and research into innumerable subjects. They are also publishing reports from time to time, which provide us with an opportunity to understand ecology and environment and also bestow on us an in-depth experience of human problems. These studies are, however, lacking in the investigation or survey of human development. In the global society there is a race for economic development, materialistic development and the development of the means of comfort but human development is being lost sight of. This one-sided view as well as endeavours for same are creating a long list of problems. Solutions are also being investigated but they themselves are becoming problems on account of this lopsided approach. The truth is that any development that ignores human development cannot solve the problem. Let us not think of human development only on the basis of materialistic development. Human development is, in reality, the development of consciousness. It is the development of that consciousness on the basis of which one can dream of a truly happy life, free from physical and mental diseases, free from infatuation with material objects, free from tension, full of peace and tranquility.
      http://www.herenow4u.de/Pages/eng/Sections/Press_Reviews/NewYearMessage2008.htm

      Eagle's Eye: Perennial Truth & Age-Specific Truth
      Acharya Mahaprajna
      03.01.2008
      Unthinkingly everything can be called eternal, but can any material extension be ever eternal? We say, 'Religion is perennial.' After all what is religion as such?
      Truth has been being discussed ever since the development of men's intellect. There are three schools in philosophy regarding truth - eternalism, non-eternalism and eternal-non-eternalism.
      http://www.herenow4u.de/Pages/eng/Sections/Press_Reviews/EaglesEyePerennialTruthAg.htm

      Conferences
      JDICON 2008 - 4th Jain Doctors' International Conference
      Dr. Ravindra Gandhi
      31.12.2007
      National Jain Doctors' Federation [NJDF] is organising the 4th Jain Doctors' International Conference - JDICON 2008 -  on Saturday-Sunday, 16 & 17 February 2008 at Shanmukhanand Auditorium, Sion, Mumbai.
      http://www.herenow4u.de/Pages/eng/Articles/JDICON2008-4thJainDoctors.htm

      Anuvibha - VI International Conference On Peace And Nonviolent Action - Report
      Dr. Sohan Lal Gandhi
      04.01.2008
      The Voice of Ahimsa from Children’s Peace Palace – Rajsamand (INDIA)
      The two major events of the 6th ICPNA organized by ANUVIBHA on the eve of its Silver Jubilee i.e. International Dialogue on the Challenge of Violence, Hunger and Poverty and the First International Nonviolence Leadership Training Camp were a great success in that the purposes with which they were planned were accomplished. They were a part of a series of such endeavours we undertake from time to time to build a culture of peace and nonviolence in consonance with the spirit of the UN Decade of a Culture of Peace and Nonviolence for the Children of the World (2001-2010).........
      http://www.herenow4u.de/Pages/eng/Sections/Anuvibha/Anuvibha-VIInternationalC-2.htm

        3 more books in progress at the moment

      new chapters this week:

      Thought at Sunrise - by  Acharya Mahaprajna
      To keep in mind for the current day
      http://www.herenow4u.de

      Abstract Thinking - by  Acharya Mahaprajna
      will be continued soon

      Lord Mahavira's Scripture Of Health - by  Acharya Mahaprajna
      will be continued soon

      Microcosmology
      Atoms In Jain Philosophy & Modern Science
      - by  J. S. Zaveri & Muni Mahendra Kumar
      will be continued soon

      HereNow4U : DEUTSCH [German]
      http://www.herenow4u.de/indexGER.htm

      Editors India Tour 2007
      Deutschkurs an der JVB Universität, Ladnun - [14] – Alles auf einmal
      Editor Karuna Jain
      04.01.2008
      Am Freitagabend vor dem Wochenendausflug, wenige Tage vor dem Ende des Kurses, klopfte es plötzlich an meiner Tür. Ein atemloser Bote stotterte: „Madame Vice-Chancellor calls you at her home  - now.“ (Die Frau Rektorin möchte, dass du jetzt bei ihr vorbeischaust.) Er bedeutete mir mitzukommen und schob sein Fahrrad in Richtung des angegebenen Ziels. Gerührt fragte ich mich, wie lange er diesen Satz geübt hatte. Er arbeitet für den Sekretär der Rektorin und spricht nicht englisch. Als ich ihm folgte, strahlte er vor Zufriedenheit, diese schwierige Aufgabe gelöst zu haben. Ich nicht, denn ich merkte, dass ich meine Kamera nicht dabei hatte........
      http://www.herenow4u.de/Pages/ger/Themen/2007_Ladnun/DeutschkursanderJVBUniver-14.htm

      B ü c h e r    O n l i n e

      Geheimnisse des Geistes - Acharya Mahaprajna
      Geheimnisse des Geistes [20.3] Entwicklung der geistigen Kräfte und ihr Gebrauch (3)
      Acharya Mahaprajna
      04.01.2008
      Ramakrishna sprach zu Vivekananda: “Du bist in Geldnot. Gehe zur Göttin Kali und bitte sie um Hilfe.“ Vivekananda ging in den Tempel der Göttin und meditierte dort einige Tage lang. Danach fragte ihn Ramakrishna: „Hast du die Göttin um Hilfe in deinen Geldangelegenheiten gebeten?“ Doch das hatte Vivekananda nicht. Er sah seine Geldnöte als ein zu geringes Problem an, um vor der Göttin davon zu sprechen.
      Spirituell orientierte Menschen sind nicht deshalb spirituell orientiert, weil sie sich davon Wunder erhoffen. Nur wer keine Selbstbeschränkung praktiziert und falsche Vorstellungen von Spiritualität hat, ist an Wundern interessiert. Wunder gefallen den Massen und beeindrucken sie. Manche interessiert an der spirituellen Praxis nur, was sie gewinnen und andere verlieren können. Ehrfürchtig werden sie wegen ihrer Fähigkeiten bewundert und um Rat gebeten. Doch sie führen kein glückliches Leben und geben nur mit ihrer Kunst an.........
      http://www.herenow4u.de/Pages/ger/Themen/Geheimnisse_des_Geistes/20/GeheimnissedesGeistes20.3.htm

      Thank you
      for your visits & attention
      For 2008
      we wish you
      smooth lift-offs from boundaries of any kind

      Carla & Christian Geerdes
      (Karuna & Aparigraha Jain)
      Editors HereNow4U
      Online Magazine