[jainsamachar] PLEASE HELP HEMOPHILIACS

  • Mahavir Sanglikar
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 16 8:48 AM
      Dear Friends,
      I am here with an appeal for some financial support for a genuine non
      government organisation striving hard for the betterment of persons
      suffering from Hemophilia. As you all may be aware that Hemophilia is an
      incurable genetic bleeding disorder. A person suffering from Hemophilia
      gets internal bleeds which cause swelling and trmendous pain in their
      affected joints and muscles. The only treatment is infusion of imported
      factor injections which again is a temporary treatment. I am not here to
      ask you for funds for these expensive injections, but we can definitely
      be of some help in the rehabilitation process.

      The Hemophilia societies have been doing a great job in providing
      treatment at the most affordable rates but still there are many who just
      cannot afford it. We appeal to you to kindly contribute financially for
      the uplifment of these patients. Your funds could help them in starting
      some small business of their own which could earn them their living. All
      the donations coming from abroad are fully exempted from Income Tax. You
      can send in donations in your own currency in the name of Hemophilia
      Society of Maharashtra (Pune Chapter). For the people staying in India,
      they could contribute by sending a cheque or DD in the name of
      Hemophilia Society of Maharashtra (Pune Chapter). Donations given to the
      society are exmpted from Income tax under section 80(g) of I.T. Act. The
      address of the society is as follows :-

      Hemophilia Society of Maharashtra (Pune Chapter)
      Lohade Hospital, Telco Road,
      Chinchwad Station, Pune - 411 019.
      Maharashtra, INDIA

      The society is registered under Societies Act and Maharashtra Public
      Trust Act.

      Looking forward to your helping hand in easing the lives of these
      unfortunate people. You can also write to Mr. Rahul on
      ihc_2000@... for any further details. Rahul is a Jain and is
      also suffering from Hemophilia. He is associated with this Society.

      Regards,

      Mahavir Sanglikar