Re: Where in India would be a good place to live among Jains?

  • Ketan Shah
    Message 1 of 21 , Aug 31, 2008
      Jay Jinendra

      If I am not wrong, it is available at Koba jain Tirth Located on Ahmedabad gandhinagar Highway about 10 Kms before Gandhinagar.

      A gyan mandir is developed.

      Ketan
    • kirtindia@aol.in
      Message 2 of 21 , Sep 4, 2008
        Dear All,
        Michchhami Dukkadam to all the members and their family of Jain group/s.

        Kirti Mehta
      • mitesh gandhi
        Message 3 of 21 , Sep 5, 2008

          Dear All,

          Jai Jinendra.
          Michchhami Dukkadam to all the members and their family of Jain group/s.

          Regards,

          Mitesh Gandhi

          Michchhami Dukkadam to all the members and their family of Jain group/s.

          Kirti Mehta

        • Dhole
          Message 4 of 21 , Sep 5, 2008
            Dear All,

            Jai Jinendra,

            "Michchhami Dukkadam" to all the group members and their family & freinds.

            Vajrakumar Dhole
          • VISHAL SRIMAL JAIN
            Message 5 of 21 , Sep 5, 2008
              The site is www.kobatirth.org

              Vishal Jain
            • Aroma International
              Message 6 of 21 , Sep 5, 2008
                Dear Friends:

                HAPPY TO SAY MICHHAMI DUKKADAM TO  to each and everyone.

                Wish ALL all the Best throughout the life.

                Sincerely,

                Lalit Mehta
              • Ajay Jain
                Message 7 of 21 , Sep 6, 2008
                  DEAR ALL

                  JAI JINENDRA

                  SAMVATSARI KE IS PAVAN PARVA PAR JAANE ANJAANE MEIN HUMSE HUI BHOOL KE LIYE
                  HUM AAP SE KSHAMA YACHANA KARTE HAIN , MICHCHAMI DUKKADAM

                  AJAY JAIN
                • R K DAGA
                  Message 8 of 21 , Sep 8, 2008
                    All Sadharmik Brothers & sisters,

                    84 Lacs Jeev Yoniyon sahit Aap sbhi se Kshamayacana, Micchhami Dukkadam.

                    Warm regards

                    Rajendra
                  • raj luniya
                    Message 9 of 21 , Sep 9, 2008
                      DEAR ALL,
                          SADAR JAI JINENDRA,
                           SAVANTSARI KE PAVAN PARVA PAR GAT VARSH KI
                       GALATIYO KE LIYE HUM AAP SABHI SE MAN VACHAN OR
                      KAYA SE KSHMA YACHANA KARTE HAI
                      MICCHAMI DUKKADAM
                                                                                                    UR,S
                                                                                          RAJ LUNIYA
                      __,_._,__

                    • ymalaiya
                      Message 10 of 21 , Sep 25, 2008
                        "ispiritinside" wrote:

                        > Hi,
                        > We are a family living in Hawaii and benefiting from practicing
                        Jainism.

                        > We have long desired to visit and more so move to India for the
                        > extra benefit of association with others on the Jain path. We were
                        > wondering what area(areas) have a large concentration of Jain's, and
                        > would be a nice simple place to live??
                        >
                        > We Thank any/everyone in advance who may be of any assistance to us.
                        >
                        > The Deva Family

                        Here are the top 25 districts with largest number of Jains, according
                        to 2001 census. However these are not necessarily ranked according to
                        concentration (fraction of Jains).

                        However those see seeking a peaceful place, should stay in small or
                        medium sized cities.

                        Mumbai Suburban 319339
                        Ahmadabad 170093
                        Belgaum 169466
                        Mumbai 159021
                        Thane 149331
                        Kolhapur 147285
                        Pune 104073
                        Surat 86607
                        Sangli 85160
                        Udaipur 83699
                        Jaipur 73631
                        Bangalore 68723
                        Indore 63037
                        Sagar 59931
                        Ajmer 47812
                        Chennai 45611
                        Delhi East * 39912
                        Delhi NorthWest*39359
                        Ahmadnagar 38561
                        Bhilwara 37659
                        Jodhpur 36694
                        Barmer 35744
                        Nashik 35135
                        Chittaurgarh 35026
                        Jabalpur 32383
                        Vadodara 31566
                        Bikaner 31235
                        Rajkot 30629
                        Bhavnagar 28921
                        Ratlam 28873

                        For some of the districts like Belgaum, a larger fraction of the
                        polulation is rural.

                        Yashwant
                      • Niranjan Jain
                        Message 11 of 21 , Oct 6, 2008
                          Dear Sir,

                          Even though  I am living in Bangalore, I feel Madhya Pradhesh is best suitable place for Jains. As some of the Cities have Jain population in lakhs, Sagar, Jabalpur, Indore etc. If ur intersted to discuss more u can call me on my mobile No. 09480 585 222. Niranjan Jain, Bangalore.

                          With warm regards,

                          Niranjan Jain

                          On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 12:36 AM, ispiritinside <ispiritinside@...> wrote:

                          Hi,
                          We are a family living in Hawaii and benefiting from practicing Jainism.

                          We have long desired to visit and more so move to India for the
                          extra benefit of association with others on the Jain path. We were
                          wondering what area(areas) have a large concentration of Jain's, and
                          would be a nice simple place to live??

                          We Thank any/everyone in advance who may be of any assistance to us.

                          The Deva Family

                        • Hitesh Mehta
                          Message 12 of 21 , Oct 6, 2008
                            Concentrated population of Jains are most in Gujrat, Rajasthan and Mumbai...of course shwetambaers are in majority in these states. I have seen all the small towns in Gujrat and Rajasthan are having big big temples and they are quite old too.

                            Regards
                            Hitesh
                          • tejalsheel
                            Message 13 of 21 , Oct 6, 2008
                              Hi,

                              I was born and brought up in a place called Matunga in Mumbai. I had
                              all my neighbours, classmates, friends and all people whom I knew were
                              Jains. Paryushan is beautifully celebrated there and even today 95% of
                              the population is Jains in the area. Also Matunga has the best
                              colleges like Podar and VJTI and Ruia and Khalsa and also one of the
                              best schools like Don Bosco and J.B vacha. Just in case you were also
                              looking from the education point of view. There is no fish or non veg
                              market in the area and as far as my knowledge goes there are only 2
                              restaurants that serve non veg food out of maybe hundreds of other
                              restaurants that serve jain food.
                              It is very very centrally located in the city of Mumbai and one of the
                              best places to live. You must visit it once and you will surely love it.
                              Hope this information helps.

                              Regards,
                              Tejal