Re: [JainList] Current estimate of Jain population in the world

  • R K DAGA
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 1, 2008
      Dear Jatin,
      Jai Jinendra

      As per the 2001 census of India the population of Jains is 45 Lacs. However some Jains may have not written Jain as religion but Hindu. So considering this fact & NRI's etc the figure may vary between 50 to 60 Lacs.

      It is very good information to share with all Jains & request all to write our religion as JAIN in all Government forms, etc.

      Warm Regards

      Rajendra
    • K.S Jain
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 1, 2008
        Hi RK "Daga",

        Jai-Jinenera to all reading the mail.

        Daga ji, if we Jains start writing Jain after our name, all problems are going to be solved. This is the biggest problem. We Jains do not write "Jain" after our name.

        With Regards
        K.S.Jain
      • ashokkumar sonegara
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 1, 2008
          Jay Jinendra

          Dear Mr Daga,

          This is with reference to your mail about writing Jain in the column for religion. Please note that all schools are written in SLC in Hindu. They are not ready to write Jain in the column of religion.

          Ashok
        • jainyatish
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 1, 2008
            Jay Jinendra

            Estimated Jain population all over the world is about one crore.

            In terms of the census of the Jain population, a forum has been formed by us to enumerate the local population of all the sects of Jains. Only then will we able to know the exact population.

            But, apart from this, it is also essential to list successful Jains in all fields of society.

            Yatish
          • Yatin Shah
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 1, 2008
              Ok, I will spread this message to my surrounding. But the figures are really
              troublesome. I hope it's just because of not writing it properly and do not reflect an actual decline in the population of Jains.

              Yatin