Re: Fwd: A question on Bhava

  • Sreepalan VC
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 21, 2007

      Samyak Darshan

      Dear Shri Yaswant Jain,

      Let soul secure Samyakthva.

      Ask thou, thou shall be given; knock thou and thou shall be heard.

      ‘Know thyself and be thyself’ – Acharya Shri Kund Kund Dev.

      Sub: Question on Bhaava.

      Ref: Wednesday, June 13, 2007 12:26:45 PM

      Sorry for the inordinate delay due to domestic compulsions and added to the internet failures.

      Thanks for perusing the submission and coming up with more clarity on rephrasing the question as the answer. was not satisfory.

      Let the question be understood first.

      Karmic dust being the same in all respects in the instant two souls, whether their gynaan paryaaya will be same if not why? If that is what your question is then the reply is very well in the earlier submission. However the reply is now made keeping your points in view.

      Karmic dust remaining same, it has nothing do with the psychic expressions – gynaan paryaayas – of two different souls. If one soul identifies itself with the pictures of the functioning of the karmic dust, then the psychic expressions are mundane and that forms the bhaava karama resulting in the fresh inflow and bondage of dhravya karma. And if not the shedding of the karmic dust is shed with out becoming a cause for asrava and becomes cause for samvara – stoppage of inflow of karma. Then onwards purity surges.

      In this connection with right knowledge and faith of the self followed by right conduct of the soul – gynaan – remaining as merely a knower and seer (like mirror the soul  decides the bhaava which is upadhana kaarana and the sprouting of the dhravya karma being meritorious – punnya – gets the name nimitta.. So the relative knowledge on the self in two independent souls being similar is next to impossibility as it is dependent on very factors especially the presence or absence of Samyakthva..

      Reply to Your question:

      Karmic dust is pudgal and inert and dead in character. Soul as you know is conscious and intelligent. Equating the karmic dust, a substance altogether different from soul, as he parameter for actions in soul i.e., similar bhavaas to emanate is untenable.

      Karmic dust does not have the capability to influence the soul but soul only gets influenced at the time of sprouting of the karmic dust due to its ignorance.

      Paarinaamic bhaava of soul is the natural expression when the soul is bereft of delusion, liking and disliking and such a condition is perceivable only in vitraagi soul. .The other 4 bhaavas are verifly vilsible in embodied stage barring Arihants and Thrithankars.

      Attempt is made to present the best that is known and it is likely that it may be falling short of one’s expectation and information and it is earnest and sincere request to bring out the defects and insufficiency thereby help understanding better.

      Welcome for any further clarification

      Truth is of Kevalin and the rest are mine.

      Wishing you all the best for the early dawn of Samykathva.

      Now, it is, for the participants to come up.

      Yours brotherly,

      Sreepalan