Re: Rishabhdeva and Mahavir

  • Paresh Jain
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 5, 2006
      Dear all,

      Jai Jinendra.

      As per my knowledge and understanding from Pravachans of Kalpsutra during
      Paryushan, Bhagwan Mahavir in his 3rd Bhav (of total 27 Bhavs) was Marichi,
      Bharat Chakravarti's son (and Rishabhdeva's Grandson) and he took Diksha
      under Rishabhdeva Bhagwan

      The timeframe between Rishabhdeva (or Adinatha) and Vardhman Mahaveer is
      really countless
      It is said to be 50 Lakh Crore Sagaropam.
      where 1 Sagaropam = 1,000,000,000,000,000 Pallyopams (or 10 krora krori
      Pallyopams)
      and 1 Pallyopam = Countless Years (sorry, i am still to figure out the
      definition of Pallyopam, if anybody knows it please share with the group)

      Note: I have written this mail with my limited knowledge; I beg pardon for
      any wrong information and request senior members to correct me.

      Regards
      Paresh Jain
      Development Engineer
      Research and Development
      Larsen and Toubro Limited
      Gate No. 1, Saki Vihar Road,
      Powai, Mumbai - 400072
      Tel : +91-22-6705 2698
      Mob: +91-98207 81696

      http://www.geocities.com/greatparesh

      "dharma"
      <jainpushp01@yaho
      o.com> To
      Sent by: jainpushp@yahoogroups.com
      jainpushp@yahoogr cc
      oups.com
      Subject
      Re: [jainpushp]
      08/24/2006 09:35
      PM

      Please respond to
      jainpushp@yahoogr
      oups.com

      Dear KPJain Ji,
      It is right that Lord Mahavir was grandson of Bhagwan Adinath and
      his name was Marichi, 25 births prior to becoming Bhagwan Mahavir.

      Bhagwan Mahavir got Moksha at the age of 72 years. Your assumption
      to work out the time gap between the first Tirthankars and the 24 th
      Shri Mahavir ji is not correct. The age of all the Tirthankars is on
      record. The table shows the age of Tirthanks starting from first to
      24th as follows: -

      Sn of Tirthankar Age of Tirthankar
      1 84 lakh poorva years
      2 72---do--
      3 60---do--
      4 50---do--
      5 40---do--
      6 30---do--
      7 20---do--
      8 10---do--
      9 2---do--
      10 1---do--
      11 84 lakh years
      12 72---do--
      13 60---do--
      14 30---do--
      15 10---do--
      16 1---do--
      17 95 Thousand Years
      18 84---do--
      19 55---do--
      20 30---do--
      21 10---do--
      22 1---do--
      23 100 years
      24 72 years

      There was gap in some cases between one tirthankars to another. I
      hope you get some fair idea about your question.
      dharma

      --- In jainpushp@yahoogroups.com, <jain.kanti@...> wrote:

      > I have few questions and request that who ever has knowledge
      please do
      > enlighten me.
      >
      > I was reading a book given by respected Manish Modi ji. It says
      about
      > Lord Mahavir also. Now let us go through the text. Lord Mahavir was
      > grand son of Bhagwan Adinath and his name was Marichi, 25 births
      prior
      > to becoming Bhagwan Mahavir.
      >
      > Is it correct. ???
      >
      > Bhagwan Mahavir got Moksha around the age of 100. that way if we
      take 24
      > Teerthankars, the time gap may be around 2500 years between shri
      Adinath
      > and shree Mahavir. Is it correct to make this assumption ? If yes
      then
      > Shri Mahaveer's soul probably might have seen all the 24
      Teerthakar as
      > he took 24 births in between.
      >
      > Some more doubts to follow
      >
      > Jai Jinendra
      >
      > K.P.JAIN
      >

      > ---DISCLAIMER------------------------------------------------------
      --------------------- The contents of this E-mail (including the
      contents of the enclosure/(s) or attachment/(s) if any) are
      privileged and confidential material of Mahindra and Mahindra
      Limited (M&M) and should not be disclosed to, used by or copied in
      any manner by anyone other than the intended addressee/(s). If this
      E-mail (including the enclosure/(s) or attachment/(s) if any ) has
      been received in error, please advise the sender immediately and
      delete it from your system. The views expressed in this E-mail
      message (including the enclosure/(s) or attachment/(s) if any) are
      those of the individual sender. -------------------------------------

      This email and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for the
      use of the addressee(s) only and may contain confidential and/or
      privileged information. If you are not the addressee, then this message is
      not intended for you and be advised that you have received this email in
      error and that any use , dissemination , forwarding, printing or copying of
      this email is strictly prohibited. In such case please notify the sender
      and delete this email and any attachments with it from your system
      immediately.Receipt of this email by you shall not give rise to any
      liability on the part of Larsen & Toubro Limited
    • MANISH MODI
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 5, 2006
        Dear Paresh,
        Jay Jinendra

        Thank you for your email.

        Your statement, "Bhagwan Mahavir in his 3rd Bhav"
        is incorrect.

        All souls are eternal. They go through many many bhavas before attaining moksha. Only a few among them attain moksha.

        Since all souls are anadi ananta, they have gone through many bhavas. Innumerable bhavas. Hence, Bhagavan Mahavir's soul too must have gone through innumerable bhavas before taking birth as the grandson of Rshabhadeva.

        I hope you get my point.

        All good wishes,

        yours
        Manish

        On 05/09/06, Paresh Jain <Paresh_Jain@...> wrote:
        Dear all,

        Jai Jinendra.

        As per my knowledge and understanding from Pravachans of Kalpsutra during
        Paryushan, Bhagwan Mahavir in his 3rd Bhav (of total 27 Bhavs) was Marichi,
        Bharat Chakravarti's son (and Rishabhdeva's Grandson) and he took Diksha
        under Rishabhdeva Bhagwan

      • Anish A Shah
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 8, 2006
          Jai Jinendra,

          Manishbhai is correct. If I understand correctly, we generally count the bhavs of Tirthankars only from the time he attained samyaktva. Hence the confusion. Previous (infinite) bhav's are deemed irrelevant.

          Regards