new member of Jainlist

  • harmon
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 30, 2006
      I am new , have done what I consider a good bit of reading on the subject, but have not commited any of the proper name of writers or writings to memory.
      I have mainly joined the group as a passive reader, but I guess it's fair to know who is out there listening.  I have an enjoyable live grew up in the southern Appalachian mountians (rural poor family), age 55, married 26 years ago and for the last 25 yearsI am lucky in that I live on the southeastern coast of America and enjoy the inshore marsh lands. (A marvelous place to become in touch with what I call the fabric of the universe).
      I strongly believe in being truthfull and nonviolent. I also identify with the earilier Jainism writings of what I believe implies that god is not necessarily a creator , but  all is a equal part of this "spiritual universe".
      If I'm in the wrong place , please let me know. And I do not mean to offend anyone with my signoff signature.  It's just something I read and like.

      "Fishermen are born honest, but they get over it."-Ed Zern

      "The failure to see compassionately is a lack of humanity."-Fred Wolf

      Later...
      Harmon
      Sage, Poet, Storyteller and Liar

    • Naresh Shah
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1, 2006

        Dear Friend Harmon:

        Greetings from Nitro, West Virginia. Welcome to the group. Nice to know that you are from the southern Appalachian Mountains enjoying mother nature. I am sure you might have benefited and continue to benefit from this group.

        Regards,

        Naresh R. Shah

        From: harmon <harmonfishing@...>
        To: jainlist@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [JainList] new member of Jainlist
        Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 07:11:47 -0700 (PDT)

[...]

        Talk is cheap. Use Yahoo! Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1�/min.

        Call friends with PC calling -- FREE