Burning Question- Cool Solution no 49 &50

  • Dharma jain
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2005
      Dear Friends,
      Jai Jinendra,

      Burning Question- Cool Solution
      Q.49 Are saints not afraid of death?

      A.49 The saints do not fear death but they welcome it cheerfully. The saints know that one who is born must die one day. Death is never failing. It can neither be increased nor be decreased. Then why should death be feared? Sadhana of saints is always to be immortal. In Jainism death has always been called as the greatest festival. It is called Samadhi Maran. Samadhi Maran is an art of improving death. Samadhi is not a suicide but is Atma Aradhan. Saints consider death just like changing clothes.

      Q.50 Is man’s inner soul awakened by worshiping the idols of stone or brass?

      A.50 When the idol of stone is purified with Mantras, it becomes worthy to be worshipped. It teaches us an art of becoming God. By the Halo (Abhamandal) around the purified idol, the soul of everyone is stirred. By darshana of the idol of God, one gets the inner knowledge to develop the spiritual facilities. Sleeping soul wakes up by seeing the calm and non-attached state of God one remembers the form of his soul.

      Thanks.
      Dharma,
      For www.jainpushp.org
      To be continued………

      ---------------------------------
    • Sreepalan VC
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 18, 2005
        Samyak Darshan

        Dear Shri K P Jain,Shri Chandraprakash Shah,Shri
        Dharma Jain,

        Let soul secure Samyakthva.
        Knock thou, thou shall be heard, ask thou, thou shall
        be given.

        Sub: Burning Question- Cool Solution no 49 &50 – soul
        – seeds – clarification.

        Ref: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 10:19:43 -0800 (PST) original
        question / Wed, 14 Dec 2005 16:37:13 +0000- (Shri
        Chandraprakash Shah’s reply)/
        Mon, 12 Dec 2005 15:01:51 +0530- (Shri KP Jains
        question)

        Interesting and inquisitive too, it is, and no less a
        commonly carried doubt for examination and reply.

        Shri KP Jain’s question, if understood rightly, it is
        that vegetables and fruits have souls and then comes
        to seeds being kept in a bottle or thrown into street
        he opines that the soul remains trapped and wihses to
        know whether his contention is right?

        Shri Chandrapraksh Shah’s reply, if understood
        rightly, it is that vegetables and fruits by
        themselves are receptacles of souls and after 48
        minutes it is devoid of souls. Secondly he opines that
        sowing is not criteria for growing seed but carries
        further and says that water, fertilizer, sunlight
        etc., are required for growth of the seed.

        Analysis:
        Nature of substance is the basis for analysis.

        Seeds, vegetables, fruits etc., by themselves are
        material inert dead substance called pudgal. It is
        like our body. Soul, a conscious and non physical
        substance or life enters into it at its own discretion
        due its wrong belief based on ignorance of nature of
        substance.

        01) Seeds or vegetables or fruits are physical in
        character and so they themselves are not soul.

        02) Soul enters into any body depending upon the
        unnatural thinking and sticking to it.

        03) This coming together is due to nimitta nymittiga
        sambanda – psycho physical relationship and not kaarna
        kaarya sambanda – cause and effect relationship.

        04) Sowing is as said by valued participant Shri
        Chandraprkash Shah preparing the soil, watering it,
        fertilizing it and of course the natural support such
        as sun, air etc are readily available.

        05) It does not mean that all the seeds subjected to
        the sowing process should sprout into plant and bear
        fruits etc. Soul has to come inside or else the
        developments said above will not occur.

        06) Death is a name given to the process of separation
        of body and soul. But whether the fruit and vegetables
        are kept over 48 minutes or not they are not devoid of
        souls.

        But Vitraag Jina Dharma stipulates that there are less
        souls inside the fresh vegetables and when it is more
        than stipulated time, more souls enter and consumption
        of decayed or old will not only harm the consumer but
        also he becomes instrumental for killing more lives.

        07)’Achita’ is one which is like seed where there is
        only a suitable place for soul to enter and is ready
        for use of any kind and does not have any conscious
        soul. Old or spoiled stuff is ‘abshksh’ and not
        ‘achita’

        If one is serious of one, know thyself and be thyself
        and it is the revelation of Jinendara Baghavan.

        Attempt is made to place the information and
        understanding is one’s. Walking stick cannot make a
        man walk but if man wants to walk; walking stick may
        help the man. This attempt is only a walking stick.

        Please forgive and forget for any unintentional
        excesses that might have crept in and hurt and it is
        only fraternal affinity that goaded to place.

        Truth is Kevaalin and the rest mine.

        Wishing you and all the near and dears an early dawn
        of Samyakthva.

        Now for the valued participants,

        Yours brotherly,
        Sreepalan