Pranams

  • LUCIxFUGE@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2000
      Hello-

      I am new to the list. Just for a brief introduction of myself: I am a
      graduate student studying Religions of South Asia and recently studied the
      Jains, last semester, for an independent study. I have considerd it to be a
      focal point for my research in my future career in Religious Studies.

      Two topics interest me specifically right now:

      1. The religious life of the Jain laity, what can be considered or perceived
      as Popular Jainism

      2. The relationship of Vaisnava bhakti groups and Jainism, especially in
      regards to dietary regulations and the methods of puja, for the Jain sects
      that do perform murti puja.

      If anyone can give me any information on these topics I would be much
      appreciated.

      Thanks you,

      Brendan Quinn