Re: [JainList] Puja

  • Sonal Shah
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 29 7:07 AM
      In ones spiritual journey, to what extent and till
      what duration, religious chores( visiting jain-mandir,
      sewa-puja, etc.) should be done ? and Why ?

      Sonal.

      --- sachin jain <sachinjain@...> wrote:
      > On the other hand... why do people do that in other
      > religions?
      >
      > -Sachin
      > www.mindexp.com

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Jainendra Jain
      Message 2 of 8 , May 2, 2005
        Suggest going to this website: http://www.geocities.com/haren_shah/
        Then click on "1. Jin Puja..." under "Practices, Rituals & Auspicious Occasions", where you may find some very good information relating to Jin Puja and more.

        http://mail.yahoo.com

        JainNet http://www.jainnet.com - Comprehensive Resource on Jainism.

        http://mail.yahoo.com

      • Dharma jain
        Message 3 of 8 , May 3, 2005

          Dear all,

          Attn: Sonal Shah,

          Jaijinendra, I want to add a few words to this discussion about performing puja. The ultimate goal of soul is to achieve total freedom from the cycle of birth, life, pain, misery, and death and achieve the blissful state of one's pure self. In order to achieve this target every soul willing to get absolute freedom, or Moksha will have to follow certain paths. This path is not new. This path was followed by the souls those got librated.

          The puja is the entrance gate to achieve this goal. It will help in cleansing one’s soul and ultimately there will be advancement in one’s spiritual path. Other aspects have already been covered by learned personalities.

          Dharma,

          For www.jainpushp.org

          Suggest going to this website: http://www.geocities.com/haren_shah/
          Then click on "1. Jin Puja..." under "Practices, Rituals & Auspicious Occasions", where you may find some very good information relating to Jin Puja and more.

          Sonal Shah <saumyaa_sonal@...> wrote:
          In ones spiritual journey, to what extent and till
          what duration, religious chores( visiting jain-mandir,
          sewa-puja, etc.) should be done ? and Why ?

          Sonal.

          --- sachin jain <sachinjain@...> wrote:
          > On the other hand... why do people do that in other
          > religions?
          >
          > -Sachin
          > www.mindexp.com

        • nileshkumar kothari
          Message 4 of 8 , May 8, 2005
            Jai jinendra to all

            In a quest to understanding  ALL & Everything

            I rationalize this life's journey as also many other lives as a cumulative journey
            from the outer cosmos to the inner soul

            all of these journeys & experiences will look only illusional/delusional when I reach the soul

            PUJA events at the jain temple may actually be the most beneficial  happenings in todays
            rat race sansari life

            no matter how much self acclaimed may one feel after having achieved  a reasonable degree of Tirthankar Shri Mahavirswamiji's   given atma gnyan - one stays on to be sansari still - & -
            the daily events remain to be  as illusionary  & karma creating

            so ,  if many of us have the benefit of attending a temple & puja on daily basis - then I would say you are blesssed - since that brings one back to realms of the soul , the  jin - that is the realms of jinendra shri bhagwant - while it gives a chance to wash away a lot of daily happenings in sansari life

            So , as an example ,  if one works from 8am to 5 pm M to F , & gets a chance to be with
            some daily puja from 7pm to 9 pm , that I would says is par excellent

            THIS IS TO ONLY QUALIFY HOW IMPORTANT ARE TEMPLES , PUJAS , & MANY SUCH RELIGIOUS ADHERENCES that we tend to smartly classify as being RITES & RITUALS

            PLEASE ALWAYS REMEMBER THESE ARE THE THREADS which keeps us sansari ' s
            on line to our journey to the param atma

            wish you all well , namo to the arihantas , namo to the siddhas

            from   nileshkumar kothari ,   jinatma@...

            zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
            Sonal Shah <saumyaa_sonal@...> wrote:

            In ones spiritual journey, to what extent and till
            what duration, religious chores( visiting jain-mandir,
            sewa-puja, etc.) should be done ? and Why ?

            Sonal.

            ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

                  NILESHKUMAR  KOTHARI

            jinatma@...

            http://mail.yahoo.com

          • Solar
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 12, 2012
              Dear sir,

              which ang should we do puja in temple & why specifically those ang puja is done? why we should do puja with specific finger only? Is it necessary that during certain disease like cough, cold, loose nose, we should not do puja? Should we also perform kesar puja for devi devta like yax, mata etc.,? Many places people do puja with vaxshep on god picture, is it correct? Can we wear underwear inside the puja cloth or its not allowed & puja should be done with 2 clothes only?

              Pls clarify.

              Thanks,
              Dinesh Mandot
            • Dr. Rakshak Mal Lodha
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 14, 2012
                dear Dinesh ji
                Jai Jinendra
                We used to do CHARAN SPARSH to touch with their foot so first we start PUJA with toughin their foot
                We use our little finger for urination, thumb is symbol for symbol of nothing, and near by thunb which we can not show to any person which symbolizes that other are not good and regarding Middle finger is not justified so finally we use next to little finger which symbolizes Ring finger which we use for Puja
                We can wear Underwear but all clothes must be washed before wearing
                Regarding kesar and all other things which are being done by Pandit and so it becomes rituals
                regards
                Dr Lodha