Samyak Darshan - soul and matter(atman and pudgal) - interaction

  • Sreepalan VC
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 28, 2004
      Samyak darshan

      Dear Shri.Sujai shah, Shri K.P.Jain, Shri Shirish Jain
      and others,

      Let soul secure samyakthva.

      Sub: Soul and body relationship.
      Ref: Sun. 21st Nov. 2004.

      Reproduced for the benefit of the valued participants
      as it is likely such doubts may persist.

      At the outset please excuse for the delayed reply due
      to certain bereavement in the domestic front which
      resulted in lot of travelling.

      Thank you for the perusal of the submission and the
      doubt you had expressed leaves a trail of uncertainty
      of the understanding on the two subatances.

      Now let us attempt to analyze the statement of yours:

      Quote:
      �Taking that a step further suggests that all contact
      with worldy affairs should be avoided or markedly
      limited,�

      Reply:

      All the six substances are the only constituents of
      this universe and so all of them will be ceaselessly
      functional as they are indestructible and
      impenetrable. Soul will be functioning in its own way
      and the physical objects � pudgal will be function in
      their own way. Whether you wish to avoid or markedly
      limited it is only thinking or a thought process which
      only the soul is capable and can take place in soul.

      Quote:
      �and we should possibly, remain isolated
      mediating only on self, as it is our true nature.
      Incidentally, I try to do the latter activity, but
      still find it of great challenge in my pursuit.�

      Reply:
      Meditating perhaps is the word you had used and
      assuming the word as meditating it is automatically
      implied that you as a soul is ever remains isolated
      from the other six substances.

      It is a process and result is directly proportional to
      the effort and the more you are in your self the more
      you are becoming yourself or pure.

      Quote:
      �While I understand the 2 points of view you
      explained,
      I did not understand how the soul and matter
      "physically" interact, as they are 2 substances. Is
      there a direct explanation, or should I accept faith
      as: it is the qualities of soul/pudgal.�

      Reply:
      The interaction is only the word possible be given to
      explain the situation as there is actually interaction
      between any two or all the six substances is not
      there. All the paryaayas or modifications or
      expressions are taking place independently and
      ceaselessly. And when any thing takes place in the
      physical world as thought of, it is presumed by the
      ignorant soul that such and such act is done by it.

      Any more doubt please come up

      Truth is of Kevalin and rest is mine.

      Know thyself and be thyself is of Kevalin, by Kevalin
      and for Kevalin.

      Now for the participants,

      Yours brotherly,
      sreepalan