Re: Who is Padma Nabha?

  • sreepal5058
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 1, 2004
      Samyak Darshan

      Dear Dr.Shri.C. Devakumar, Shri Manish Modi and Shri.Nitish,

      Let soul secure samyakthva.

      Sub: Shri.Padmanabha
      Ref: 28th July 2004

      Shri Padmanabha was the name of the king of Rathnasanchai, a town in
      Mangalvathi country, Dhathakikand and was the third previous birth of
      the soul of Baghavaan Shri Chandraprba Swamy.

      Secondly the name of Shri Padmanabha is not found in the next 24
      Thirthankars of the utsarpini kaal.
      (Courtesy:Jainendra Siddhantha Kosh)

      No reason to connect Shri Nabiraja the 14th manu with that of the
      founder of Islam a faith that had its seed sprouting as late as 7/8th
      century AD.

      Truth is Kevalin's and the rests are mine.

      "Know thyself and be thyself" is by KEVALIN, of KEVALIN and for
      KEVALIN.

      Now for the participants,

      Yours brotherly,
      sreepalan
    • jyoti kothari
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 8, 2004
        Dear Hasmukh bhai,
        Padmanabha is the 1st Teerthankara of the next
        Chouveeshi. Shrenika, Emperor of Magadha supposed to
        be Padmanabha. A temple in Udaipur is already
        constructed of him.
        If we think in some other way, Padmanabha is a very
        common name in India.
        Vishnu is also referred as Padmanabha.
        Thanx,
        jyoti kothari--- HASMUKH SHAH <Hasmukh33@...>
        wrote:

        > Islam Religion was not in exsitence during the
        > period of Nabhi Raja. As such interpretation to
        > compare Nabhi Raja and Islam has no foundation. If
        > Islam adopted this word after Islam was founded then
        > it is a different matter.
        >
        > Hasmukh M. Shah
        > ----------------------------
        >
        > "Dr. C. Devakumar" <cdevakumar@...> wrote:
        >
        > Jai Jinendra,
        >
        > Dear Valued Participants,
        >
        > Adi Tirthankar Rishabha's father was Nabhiraj or
        > Padma Nabha. So when search for alternate to
        > Tirthankar was on in medieval times, Nabhi Raj the
        > 14th Manu fitted into this scheme. Next question is
        > the nabhi of Islam same as nabhi Raj? Just ponder
        > over.

      • nileshkumar kothari
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 12, 2004
          JAI JINENDRA, NAMASTE & PRANAM

          BRAVO MANISHBHAI , YOU HAVE PROCLAIMED JAIN DHARMA & ITS ATTRIBUTES
          VERY WELL

          IN TODAY'S RAT RACE , LET THE REALISM OF EVERYTHING JAIN UNFOLD ITSELF
          ABOVE THE CLOUDS OF CONFUSION.

          FOR THE MEEK & WEARY WHO JUST WANT NOTHING BUT THE REAL & BEST -- THEY
          WILL ALWAYS FIND THAT THERE JUST IS NO OTHER PHILOSOPHY OR KNOWLEDGE
          WHICH CAN BE A SECOND TO KEVALGNYAN/ATMAGNYAN

          WISH YOU ALL WELL

          NILESHKUMAR KOTHARI

          --- MANISH MODI <manish.modi@...> wrote:

          > moksamargasya netaram bhettaram karmabhubhrtam
          > j´┐Żataram visvatattvanam vande tadgunalabdhaye
          >
          > Dear friend Shri Nishithji
          > Jaya Jinendra
          >
          > Thank you for letting me know. I still do not see a connection
          > between Nabhi (Adinatha's father) and Islam's prophet / nabi.
          >
          > I am really uncomfortable when we try to show that Jaina
          > Dharma is ubiquitous. We should not try to make specious
          > connections based purely on homographs.
          >
          > Jaina Dharma is great by itself. It does not need a nod of
          > approval from anyone else.
          >
          > Even trying to prove that Jainism is "scientific" as per the
          > meaning of the word science as is commonly understood, is
          > imo, an exercise in futility.
          >
          > Jaina cosmology, Jaina concepts of space, time, matter.. they
          > are all wonderful. They are terrifically advanced and beautifully
          > presented. But they do not hold sway in scientific circles.
          >
          > For us it is good enough that the Jinas have described it thus.
          > But Science demands empirical evidence
          >
          > We need not seek the approval of modern science. Jaina Dharma
          > and Jaina Darshana are perfect in themselves. There is no need
          > to see our Dharma through the eyes of science.
          >
          > Let us practice our Dharma with diligence, our faith in the teachings
          > of the Jinas should be unshakable.
          >
          > OM NAMAH SIDDHEBHYAH
          >
          > bhavadiyah,
          > Manish Modi