Re: Maun Agyaras/Ekadashi

  • mumukshudhan
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 2, 2003
      Jai Jinendra,
      I also noticed that this day is marked as "MahoUpadhayay
      Yashovijayji Smirti Divas".

      Does anyone know why?

      Thanks

      PS: For those not familiar, Upadhyay Shreemad Yashovijayji Muni is
      one of the most prominent munis who was around 300 years back.
      Extremely prolific, he also was honored with 'Nyayvisharad' title by
      the Pandits of Kashi -- a rare achievement for a Jain monk.

      --- In jainlist@yahoogroups.com, nishith shah <nshahmaulik@y...>
      wrote:
      > Dear Sagar,
      > PRANAM
      >
      > Your curiousity is good in Gujarat we heard in vyakhayan that on
      that day if you made complete maun(no talking) with doing TAP as
      much you can do (i.e.UPAVAS,AYMBIL etc.) also you can do PAUSHDHA
      (i.e to live whole day in upashraya ).On that perticular day if you
      do 1 Upavash you get Fal of 150 Upvash due to 150 Kalyank of
      tirthankars.

      > This answer as per my knowledege.if I made mistake please forgive.
      >
      > PRANAM
      > Nishith shah
      >

      > "Malde,SS (ug)" <s.s.malde@l...> wrote:
      >

      > "Malde,SS (ug)" <s.s.malde@l...> wrote:Jai Jinendra
      >
      > Next week on Thursday is Maun Agyaras. Living on London I have
      noticed that a lot of people don't give it any importance. However
      all books, articles etc describe it as the very important for lay
      people. I know that its the day where 150 Janma Kalyanaks occured
      for 90 Tirthankars but not too much more than that. It's thought to
      be the best day for religious activities (bearing in mind of course
      that ideally you should do as much as possible everyday). I was just
      curious about how significant the day is to Jains in other parts of
      the world and what do you do? It would be really interesting to find
      out. Your help would be as always greatly appreciated.

      > Thanks
      >
      > Saggar
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
      >
      > JainNet http://www.jainnet.com - Comprehensive Resource on