Re: [freeyoga] History of Preksha (Jaina) Meditation:

  • shuddha
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2000
      Dear Art:

      I am willing to be corrected on this aspect of history.

      Chakravarty Bharat, Lord of 5 Continents saw something odd when he looked at
      his reflection in a mirror after a bath
      On closer scrutiny of his hand he realized that it did not look as good as
      it used to.
      He then realized that a ring was missing on his finger.
      He then wondered what was so special about the ring that made his finger,
      and his hand look good.
      This led to deeper inquiry into issues of what was needed for good looks.
      Was it the hand or was it the finger or was it the ring ?
      The intensity of his enquiry was such that it led to kaivalya or
      enlightenment as he pondered on all that was needed to keep up false
      appearances of that which in the final analyses is transient and mortal.
      It was much more than just looking. The whole process was an intense
      inquiry...with experiential answers to who am I?, what is mine and what is
      not. It was pure Gnan in operation.

      Kind regards
      shuddha
      http://www.dadashri.org