Jain Paramanu and particle physics

  • Dr. C. Devakumar
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 30, 2003

      To All

      Jai Jinendra!

      I am enclosing the abstract of my paper appearing from Acharya Kanaknandi institution.

      Micchami dukkadam

      Dev

      Particle Physics and Paramanu

      Abstract: Physical world for scientists is �be all and end all� and to the seers it is only to remind them the ultimate reality of Self-realisation and salvation. It will be unfair to look in the scriptures for experimentally derived hard-evidences of the types expected of a modern scientific research. In case of Jainism, a vast ocean of knowledge has been lost irrecoverably. In spite of all, one comes across aphorisms of wisdom, which provide valuable leads and clues. The much-talked biodiversity stems from karmic bondage. As of now, three families of elementary particles viz. quarks, leptons, and gauge bosons are known in particle physics. British physicists have identified the following  areas for future research in particle physics. First, what determines the masses of the elementary particles? This is arguably the central question in particle physics today. Second, why are there three generations of quarks and leptons? Why does matter dominate over antimatter in the universe? The proposed experiments will probe for evidence possibly indicating the existence of more fundamental particles The third crucial question concerns the nature of the `dark matter� forming more than 90% of the mass of the universe. This material produces no radiation and can only be detected through its gravitational attraction. Its existence almost certainly indicates physics beyond the Standard Model, possibly the existence of new particles.

      Jainology has most of the clues on these vexing issues. According to Jainology, paramanu is the most fundamental particle of matter. It is also the basis of unit of time, space and number. There are 200 primary types of paramanus and  infinite secondary types. Even quarks appear to be composite in the light of Jaina anus. The present gap of knowledge in particle physics can be easily addressed through the lens of Jainology. A plausible explanation on dark matter is available in the form of varganas. The Jaina concepts would further greatly enhance our understanding on electromagnetic radiation, spectroscopy, the science of odour and flavour. The advent of electrical charges and their role in bondage in Jainology are exemplary and they speak volumes about the genius in creativity. The examples (such as milk, ghee, silicates etc) used to explain the charged species are very apt and modern. There is a strong analogy between photon and anu and once, this is established, it would be a great boost to Jainology. There are striking resemblances in the nomenclature: Quarks have flavours; anus have tastes; gluon has colours. It is concluded that science has a long way to travel to catch up with Jaina concepts and can immensely benefit from Jainology.

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • sanjay jain
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2003
        Trying to connect the Particle Physics and Paramanu
        abstract and something Mr Vijay Mehta wrote:

        >Darkness is a matter - a pudgal. In absence of
        >sunlight directly or indirectly through light this
        >pudgal takes form. Darkness has a smell as all pudgal
        >has.

        Current scientific thinking does not see darkness as
        matter, it is the absence of light... "dark matter" is
        the unexplained missing mass from the universe... if
        as Jainism describes, darkness is matter than would
        that explain it??

        Sanjay M Jain

        --- "Dr. C. Devakumar" <cdevakumar@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > lens of Jainology. A plausible explanation on dark
        > matter is available in the form of varganas. The
        > Jaina concepts would further greatly enhance our
        > understanding on electromagnetic radiation,
        > spectroscopy, the science of odour and flavour. The
        > advent of electrical charges and their role in
        > bondage in Jainology are exemplary and they speak
        > volumes about the genius in creativity. The examples
        > (such as milk, ghee, silicates etc) used to explain
        > the charged species are very apt and modern. There
        > is a strong analogy between photon and anu and once,
        > this is established, it would be a great boost to
        > Jainology. There are striking resemblances in the
        > nomenclature: Quarks have flavours; anus have
        > tastes; gluon has colours. It is concluded that
        > science has a long way to travel to catch up with
        > Jaina concepts and can immensely benefit from

        =====
        A camel trader's advice: "My beloved son!, have faith, trust in Allah.... but please, also remember to tie up the camels"....

        http://search.yahoo.com
      • Vijay Mehta
        Message 3 of 3 , May 4, 2003
          Dear Shri Dr. C. Devakumar
          Jai Jinendra,
          A small doubt:
          You mentioned that :"Quarks have flavours; anus have tastes; gluon has colours. "
          What I understand is that any single Parmanu has four characteristics present viz. Sparsh - Touch, Roop - Colour, Ras - Taste, Gandh - smell. It is only Shabda- sound which is not present in Parmanu as it necessarily requires collection of Parmanu to produce sound. No doubt sound is the characteristics of Pudgal - a matter.
          There are no Parmanu which has only one of the characterstics and not others. So please, explain your statement above and correct my understanding.
          Regards,
          Vijay Mehta