New to the list

  • Mirian.M.Costa
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 9, 2001
      Hello All,

      May I introduce myself, as I have recently joined the JainList.
      I am very curious and interested in oriental culture and religion,
      and am looking forward to reading your posts and articles.

      I got acquainted with Sergio Greif in a Brazilian vegetarian list,
      and it was at his instance that I have joined this list.
      Mirian
    • Rajesh Shah
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 10, 2001
        Jai Jinendra Miriam

        Welcome!

        Since you have an interest in vegetarianism, you may like to look at the book Vegetarian Food & Jain Conduct (http://www.AtmaDharma.com/vfjc/vfjcttl1.html) by a well-known author, Dr Hukamchand Bharill. It extends the concept of vegetarianism into the Jain context.

        Please note that the use of milk does not condone the inhumane methods practised in many parts of the world at present which we should rightfully object to.

        Jai Jinendra
        Rajesh
        Visit http://www.AtmaDharma.com for the Essence of Jainism
        Or Sister Site: http://www.jainism.free-online.co.uk

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 4, 2002
          Hi everybody,

          I am a 26 year old staying in Hyderabad, India. I am a Jain by birth and am really proud and happy to be one.Over the years, I have come to realise how scientific and realistic this religion is.In fact, it is less of a religion and more of a science.

          By joingin this list I wish to learn from the knowledge of others and share my opinions and viewpoints about the topics of discussion.

          Thank you,
          Kamal