Essentials of Jina dharma - 25

  • Arjun Jain
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 24, 2010
      Hi!
      Jai Jinendra!

      I really loved the post. :)

      On a side note, I was listening to the lecture on Who Are you? The
      Psychology of the Self on MIT Open Course Ware
      http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/brain-and-cognitive-sciences/9-00-introduction-to-psychology-fall-2004/lecture-notes/

      and it was very interesting. They know scientifically that no
      particular region of the brain is responsible for the notion of "I".
      They feel its a "community" of things in the brain that make this I
      that we are used to. This of course, is the usual percetion of "I",
      through the tainted glasses of "moh"(delusion). It was quite
      interesting to hear the various syndromes that might develop in person
      due to some malfunction of the brain, and the kind of results it leads
      to, in the perception of self. Maybe for some, it might offer some
      insights into really believing that we are not this body or our
      profession or such.

      Thanks a lot,
      Warm regards,
      Arjun