RE: [JainList] Milk

  • pankaj shah
    Message 1 of 48 , Jul 31 10:44 PM
      Dear Friend

      Jai-Jinendra from my side

      The fact is very true that the Milk is Animal Product and not cultivated like vegetables and other vegetarian food items. But i strongly of the opinion that the Milk drawn athically from the Cow / Buffelo .. are part of ahimshak food and since more than 5000 years, Hindu has Milk as part of their routine diet.

      If you start stopping people from taking Milk a complete diet, the same would likely to turn to other diet to fill the nutition gap and move away from Indian Sanskriti.
      Please contact senior acharyas and saints to conclude / commet on this subject

      Pankaj Shah

      To: jainlist@yahoogroups.com
      From: ashishjain64@...
      Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2010 14:30:04 +0530
      Subject: [JainList] Milk

      Dear Gary,

      Jai Jinendra,

      I guess it is changing and more Jains are becoming vegan as they come to know of facts and become convinced.  We need to keep explaining the facts and thus removing any doubt of dairy products being ahimsak..  You, Sanjay and other members on the list are doing great job in explaining the correct picture of dairy production.

      Inspiring from your articles and knowledgeable discussions on this forum, I have been able to stay away from dairy products for past 2-3 months (with few exceptions).  I hope to turn completely vegan in next 2-3 months.  My family and even some non-jain friends are convinced that dairy involves himsa and it is against ahimsa spirit. I believe they will turn vegan soon too.

      I believe there are many people who have turned vegan due to your efforts and many more will.  Thank you for your excellent articles.

      Regards,
      Ashish Jain

    • mehul
      Message 48 of 48 , Aug 11, 2010
        Dear friends,
        Jay Jinendra

        Tree earth and mountain are one sensed lives. mountain is collection of large number of earth body lives. Earth is collection of large number of earth body lives. tree is collection of large number of vegetable body lives. All one sensed lives are sub set of tiryanch gati.

        in swetambar Bhagawati ang agam, it is found that the primary causes of tiryanch gati life in next birth is

        a. cheating
        b. big cheating ( more concentrated)
        c. lieing
        d. cheating in business / job etc. for eg. wrong measurements, selling substandard goods, services than promises / samples / committments etc.

        The same reasons apply for nigod to five sensed animals.

        Generally as per karma granth, gommatsar, and other karmic references,
        the bandh of tiryanch gati karmic dusts continues continuously in
        lower gunasthans. However once in a life time, the ayu is made nikachit and depending on the bhav of a jiv at that point of time, the next birth occurs. If it is equivalent to earth gati, then the same birth is obtained in next life. and so on.

        errors if any are mine.
        mehul