Significance of the colors

  • Arjun Jain
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2010
      Hi everyone,
      Jai Jinendra.

      What is the significance of the colors of the Jainism flag like the
      one here - http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4b/In-jain.svg

      To my knowledge, the namokar mantra has colors associated to the 5
      lines in the order - white, organge/red, yellow, blue/green and black.
      But the colors of the flag are not in the same order.

      Would be very grateful if someone could throw light on the subject.

      Thanks a lot,
      Warm regards,
      Arjun

      --
      Arjun Jain
      http://www.mpi-inf.mpg.de/~ajain/
      Message 2 of 2 , May 2, 2010
        respected shri Arun ji
        Jai Jinendra
        We heard the last color shall be Peacock color which you stated Black so let us confirm
        we used to chat Navkar Matra with whole family at night time before going to bed 9 times while keeping colors in our mind
        regards