IS A FEMALE INFERIOR TO MALE

  • jin
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 30, 2009
      according to my knowledge females can address any gathring.even in front of Maharaj sahib.Digamber and Swetamber both  tradition allowed this.DR ANEKANT K.JAIN
    • Jakhelia & Associates
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 30, 2009
        Dear Narendra,

        You have misinterpreted the whole scene. Infront of Maharajsaheb she cannot
        speak she said, that means "infront of higher authority lower authority
        cannot address any thing" could be her meaning.

        We have some levels in our Religion. First Level is of Arihants (in
        samovasaran no one else otherthan Tirthankars address anything, sameway in
        front of Kavalis), Same way Shravaks Shravikas never address anything in
        front of Sadhubagwants. This is a kind of Respect we give to that respective
        Level.

        Even in our Business Line if Somebody says that since MD is seating on the
        Chair I don't want to address anything. Will that means that other person is
        inferear than MD or will it mean that other person was giving respect to the
        MD.

        Just have a think over any of the statements in a prudence way.

        If I have hearted anyone MICHAMI DUKKADAM.

        --
        Regards,
        CA. Yashesh A. Jakhelia
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 1, 2009
          Jai Jinendra Narendrabhai,

          I had the same dilemma once.
          However rather than rationalizing the male chaunivism within this dilemma tis better understood by beliefs and following of Jainism...that is how the clarification emerged in myself.

          This is a bit of quandary - wherein a Jain can attain supreme goal by following the digambar path so reverently demonstrated by the 24 Tirthankaras (rather 72 incl past and future as evident today) it is the woman's womb that has to bear the burden of giving birth to these noble souls & other jeev/human beings. Thus in mundane world logically a woman should hold highest honour.However for salvation a male paryaya is a pre-requisite hence in the spiritual world the male gender holds the highest honour. It is easy to understand why a woman in digambara form is not feasible due to natural traits and bosy structure.

          However if you look at Namokar Mahamantra and the corresponding order of Arihant, Siddh, Acharya, Uvajhaya, Sadhu its natural for a reverred Aryika not to break the hirearchy for any reason. Above all the way Jain religion I have concluded to be structured is this :

          " A Jain monk does not bother if a female/aryika progresses with a pravachan OR is not bothered if does not progresses with the pravachan" It is only within the mundane and sansarik brain of ordinary and agyani mortals like me (& you if OK) that such innuendoes occupy a debatable position.Soul is not gender based but the human mind is.

          Sandeep Jain
        • Jakhelia & Associates
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 1, 2009
            Dear,

            It is upto you to give or not to give respect to the higher authority!

            --
            Regards,
            CA. Yashesh A. Jakhelia