VIEWS REGARDING MENSTRUAL CYCLE / PERIOD

  • R K DAGA
    Message 1 of 44 , Aug 29, 2009
      Jai jinendra,

      It is rightly said, the super natural bodies ( Devis & Devtas) may not like in this condition ( ashuchi - ashuddh position)
      The Parents especialy in villages instruct children not to go for urine / toilet at places near to Dev Sthans & some of the trees like Peepal / Banian etc as the Devis/ Devtas residing in these areas may heart.

      Regards
      RK Daga
    • DEVENDRA
      Message 44 of 44 , Sep 14, 2009
        Jai Jinendra,

        Dear all,
        I read many discussions a lot on this issue of MENSTRUAL CYCLE however we need to look thru a different window as well.

        A period is not like bleeding from a cut. When a woman/girl starts in menses it cannot be compared with bleeding from an any time cut in skin of a man or a woman. In the latter case both are clean physically and could be said close to "pavitra" ** if also clean in mind or soul. However woman or girl in (overt) menses something more goes on specially in her subconscious brain (doctors will say small brain, etc.). This controls her period as well as bleeding. Not only that, many of you have noticed even behavioural change, immense pain and/or headache, etc. because her subconscious brain is overloaded and (emotionally) disturbed. This implies also that she is not pavitra* enough to enter temple irrespective of whether she takes bath many times a day or uses most modern inlays or tampon to avoid blood falling out on cloths or on floor. Also in modern time some harmon capsules can be implanted in her leg so as woman/girl does not menstruate at all!!. How do we deal with these cases. Once again here health of her subconscious comes in question. If this is not close to "pavitra" then a woman/girl (with sufficient background of Jainism) shall decide whether not to enter temple.

        I would appeal woman not to enter temple during menses.

        My view is open minded. Please feel free to put any comments to the above.

        With best regards,
        Devendra

        * Definition of pavitra status is an open subject however clean in mind and body as a minimum .

        ** One needs to have pavitra status to enter a temple .