INS launches the Arihant, a nuclear powered submarine, today

  • Yatin Shah
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 31, 2009
      This is very good according to me. We should not oppose this move.

      If at all anybody thinks one should oppose, then the oppose must be
      made to the name of our Tirthankars given to any shop / organisation /
      person. I am sure, we can not do this... so instead, do not oppose
      this move as well.

      ~ Yatin Shah
    • Sreepalan VC
      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 1, 2009
        Samyak Darshan

        Dear Shri Bal Patil and host of valued and learned Participants,

        Only political, social, financial strength / influence yields result in these days is an open secret.

        Very clear and simple is your understating of the problem of the naming of the submarine vessel and to oppose and raise to gather strength on this issue appears to make mole out of mountain.

        Needed ever the unfailing strength of the Jain community as a whole for either fostering or bettering the struggling community for the study of the Jain Children in Kindergarten and boys and girls of their choice despite there brilliant performance either in schools, or art / science / technical colleges.

        Suggestion: Each state if not each 4/5 districts there must be Arihant University to exclusively cater to the needs of the needed and deserving boys and girls of this community.

        So, when our resources are very nominal or minimal, a truth known to all of us, let us make efforts to fulfill the obligation in that direction which, sure, will take care of all our problems / ills of identity as a Faith /Dharma and not as a sub-sect of any other Indian origin faiths, protect and maintain the heritage and cultural remains of this universal Dharma, minority status etc. Let not our energy and time be frittered away.

        It dose not mean that views expressed by learned and valued participants against lending our Dharmic name to a destroyer vessel is not sensible one but Govt. has taken a decision to give importance to this community or otherwise, names are not in dearth. Such view shows the sincere and serious concern for ethical and cultural values of our Dharma.

        Arihant means destroyer of half of 8 karmas and that too affective (Ghati) ones. So the vessel might be not only destroyer but also prevent underwater intruders which are ever increasing.

        Wish that efforts are further strengthened and affinity between communities / sub sects are improved and social differences are submerged for all such all embracing causes such as academic and technical education, protection and maintenance of monuments and heritages, medical relief etc.

        Sure, better future for the progeny of our community is ensured if the efforts now are in the right direction.

        Yours brotherly,
        Sreepalan
      • newjain
        Message 3 of 16 , Aug 1, 2009
          That is terrible. Nuclear weapons and nuclear powered submarines cause great violence in this world. Isn't there a nuclear bomb in India with a picture of the demigod Ganesha depicted? Arihant is a beatiful name of peace and love not warfare and evil.
        • R K DAGA
          Message 4 of 16 , Aug 2, 2009
            Respected Sreepalan ji,
            Jai Jinendra

            "Unity is Power" it is always true &  in democracy without united voting power, no body bothers / cares.

            We know, we are not having such voting power to influence Governments than we have to unite at least to help each other to grow, to develop, to reach on top in every walk of life.

            It is not only education but help, support & cooperation every jain should extend to other keeping away the sect / panth / sampraday.

            It is indeed a need of hour and once again request all learned members to come together by " Knowing each other --- Helping each other -- Supporting each other.

            Regards
            Rajendra
          • Kanaka Ajithadoss
            Message 5 of 16 , Aug 2, 2009
              Sri Jinaya Namah
              Dear Sir
              How is your health.
              Please let me have details on how the triple entities operate - origin-
              permanance ane destruction in a siddha Jeev?
              Samyak darsan
              with regards
            • jainnys
              Message 6 of 16 , Aug 3, 2009
                Once GandhiJi was asked, "You preach non-violence, yet you carry a stick around with you - why so? GhandhiJi said, this stick keeps away the miscreants around me for as they know that this person can defend himself by the stick he carries."
              • Kanaka Ajithadoss
                Message 7 of 16 , Aug 3, 2009
                  Dear Sachin,
                  Jay Jinendra

                  Excellent! please provide such sayings, explanations of great 'immortals'.