First Diksha Ceremony in USA

  • Pravin K. Shah
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 20, 2012

      First Diksha Ceremony in USA

      Badi Diksha of Sadhvi Sanghamitraji (Mangalam) -

      Sadhvi Sanghamitraji, prior known as Mangalamji is associated with Veerayatn, Bihar, India, since her childhood. At the young age of 6 years, she memorized Bhaktamar, Kalyan Mandir and Tatwartha Sutra and other Jain Stotras.

      She has been blessed with the opportunity of studying Scriptures and ancient languages such as Sanskrit and Prakrit under the Divine and scholarly guidance of Param Pujya Gurudev Amar Muniji Maharaj and Acharya Shri Chandanaji Maharaj.

      She is also blessed with an enchanting melodious voice which has mesmerised and touched the hearts of thousands of people around the world.

      Jain Diksha (initiation) occurs in two phases.  The initial Diksha, and within 6 months, the final (Badi) Diksha. Mangalam's initial Diksha took place under Acharya Shri Chandanaji at Veerayatan, Rajgir, Bihar, India on December 20th 2011.  During the initiation process she was given a new name Sadhvi Sanghamitra.  The Badi Diksha took place at the Jain Center of Northern California, Milpitas (San Francisco) California on April 8, 2012.

      The Veerayatan principle mission of Seva (help other human beings and animals), Siksha (Educate other human beings), and Sadhana (along with Seva, and Siksha continue your spiritual progress) is very conducive to uplift the morality and spirituality of our children born and raised in North America.  In the past many of our youth have worked voluntarily at Veerayatan hospital and Kutch Education center.

      Diksha Ceremony

      Jaina Education Committee has taken an active part in the Badi Diksha ceremony function of Sadhvi Sanghamitraji.  The Diksha Ceremony book was compiled and published by the committee.

      In addition to Diksha ceremony vidhi, the book contains a brief information of Veerayatan mission, Acharya Shri Chandanji's message, Sadhvi Shri Sanghamitraji's life, Veerayatan Palitana project, and some pictures of initial Diksha ceremony.

      The Diksha ceremony book was given to every attendees (more than 1200) of the function.  The Diksha vidhi sutras were taken from the Jain Agams - Nandi Sutra and Dasvaikalik Sutra.  The sutras were recited by Sadhivi Shree Sanghamitraji and the entire audience joined in the recitation with Sadhviji.  Acharya Shri Chandanaji and Sadhvi Shri Subhamji explained the meaning.

      The pdf file of the complete Diksha ceremony book can be downloaded from the following link.

      www.jaineLibrary.org/$sadhvi_sanghamitraji

      Note - The above link is active for next 30 days.  After that the pdf file of the book will be available from Jain eLibrary website (www.jainelibrary.org).

      UTube Videos

      Deeksha Samaroh of Sadhvi Sanghmitra Ji 2012 - JCNC Celebrations 2012 link (3:27 min)

      http://videologs.org/Sadhvi/Vy_rGpchZAV.html

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ux_qFobgYZU

      Bhajans of Sadhvi Sanghamitraji prior known as Mangalamji.

      She took her Badi Diksha in California on 10 April, 2012

      http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Sanghamitraji&oq=Sanghamitraji&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_nf=1&gs_l=youtube.12...4508.4508.0.5931.1.1.0.0.0.0.74.74.1.1.0.

      Individual URLs at:

      Track 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHWpxGydJ9M

      Track 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CT-mExjtEUY

      Track 3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hG3R0OkX0aw

      Track 4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HgaRCxinD8

      Track 5 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRSTKQ535gA

      Track 6 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CZ3tx_jgOU

      Track 7 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LN3VslMF3UU

      Track 8 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMdek4KoYmE

      Regards,

      Pravin K Shah
      JAINA Education Committee
      education@..., jainaedu@...
      919 859 4994

      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Sadhvi Shri Sanghamitraji

      The Guru Awakens the disciple to experience the Inner Truth; the acceptance of this Awakening call by the disciple is the first renunciation (Initial or ‘Choti Diksha’).  And when, through introspection and living the path, the disciple experiences the Awakening and fully accepts it, this is the second renunciation (Final or ‘Badi Diksha’). ‘Awakening’, says the Guru, is, in fact, the real achievement and therefore Badi Diksha is the true renunciation.

      On the occasion of the Badi Diksha, the disciple, now with deeper spiritual experience, again dedicates himself at the pious feet of the Guru with the chanting of the Pravrajya Mantra:

      ·         धम्मं सरणं पवज्जामि - Dhamam Sarnam Pavajjami

      I accept the shelter of religion

      “Due to the Divine Blessings of my Guru, may I achieve my purest self.”

      With this beautiful goal, the renunciate progresses on the path of spiritual purification with detachment and affirms his commitment of dedicating his life to the glory of Jina Shasan with Bliss.

      About Mangalam

      Mangalam has been affiliated with Veerayatan istitute located at Rajgiri, Bihar, India since her childhood.  At the young age of six years, she memorized Bhaktamar, Kalyan Mandir and Tatwartha Sutras and other Jain stotras.

      She is blessed with an enchanting melodious voice which has mesmerised and touched the hearts of thousands of people around the world.

      She has been also blessed with the opportunity of studying Scriptures and ancient languages such as Sanskrit and Prakrit under the Divine and scholarly guidance of Param Pujya Gurudev Amar Muniji Maharaj and Acharya Shri Chandanaji Maharaj.

      Along with Jain scriptures, she also studied Hindu and Buddhist texts, with very good communicating skills in English, Hindi, Marathi and Gujarati.  Along with her studies, she also held an administrative post at Veerayatan Rajgir for a few years.

      For the past 17 years, she has been living in the United States where she was married, and has a beautiful 12 year old daughter, Ruhani.

      Even though she was living in the USA for so many years, her heart was with Veerayatan all the while.  During her stay in the USA, she continued her religious studies and worked and supported various volunteer activities of Veerayatan.

      Mangalam had a long desire to take vows of Jain ascetic (Diksha) and live a complete spiritual life.

      Jain Diksha (initiation) occurs in two phases.  The initial Diksha, and within 6 months, the final (Badi) Diksha.

      Mangalam's initial Diksha took place under Acharya Shri Chandanaji at Veerayatan, Rajgir, Bihar, India on December 20th 2011.  During the initiation process she was given a new name Sadhvi Sanghamitra by Acharya Shri Chandanaji.

      Sadhvi Shri Sanghamitraji has attained the right and enlightened vision of life with the Blessings of her Guru, Param Pujya Acharya Shri Chandanaji Maharaj.  She has an inborn spiritual inclination.  Therefore, to give up all the abundance and comforts of life and join the beautiful, spiritual path of Jinas with complete detachment is absolutely natural for her.  This is extraordinary and worthy of appreciation.

      The final (Badi) Diksha of Sadhvi Sanghamitraji is scheduled at Jain Center of Northern California (Milpitas, CA, USA) on April 8, 2012.  This is an historic event for the entire Jain Community of USA and of North America since it will be the very first Diksha ceremony in the country and continent.

      Acharya Shri Chandanaji will perform the Badi Diksha ceremony.

      खामेमि सव्वजीवे, सव्वे जीवा खमंतु मे ।
      मित्ती मे सव्व भूएसु, वेरम् मज्झ केणइ ।।

      khamemi savve jiva, savve jiva khamantu me,
      mitti me savva bhuyesu, veram majha na kenai.

      I forgive all living beings,
      May all living beings grant me forgiveness.

      My friendship is with all living beings,
      My enmity is totally nonexistent.

    • Chandraprakash Shah
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 25, 2012
        REspected Pravinbhai,

        WITHOUT PREJUDICE TO ANYONE

        Thanks for posting the news. Sometime before someone posted such news on net.
        Thanks for posting me the news of first Badi Diksha (So called) in USA.
        The established Sangha Like Swetamber and Digamber do not recognize Veerayatan as fold in Jain Sangha. As they travel by Air, bycar and do not go for begging alms.
        However to consider it is everybody's own choice. I received this news about 10 days before but did not think fit to forward it to anyone.
        A woman cannot be acharya (AS Chandanaji proclaimed her self). There are several norms rule and regulation for both gender in Diksha.
        They called them most forward in the present day today and propagate that hot water and root vegetables are not necessary and consumable respectively. They do not believe in Atma. They believe in "Manav Seva" and hence in my opinion it is Social Organisation.
        A dangerous trend has started in western country and more and more such Dikshas is on the coming.and people will bow down before them forgetting real Sadhu and Sadhvijis.

        Jai Jinendra

        Chandraprakash Shah

[...]

        The final (Badi) Diksha of Sadhvi Sanghamitraji took place at Jain Center of Northern California (Milpitas, CA, USA) on April 8, 2012. This was an historic event for the entire Jain Community of USA and of North America since it was the very first Diksha ceremony in the country and continent.
        Acharya Shri Chandanaji performed the Badi Diksha ceremony.
        खामेमिसव्वजीवे,सव्वे जीवाखमंतुमे ।
        मित्तीमेसव्वभूएसु,वेरम् मज्झनकेणइ ।।
        khamemi savve jiva, savve jiva khamantu me,
        mitti me savva bhuyesu, veram majha na kenai.
        I forgive all living beings,
        May all living beings grant me forgiveness.
        My friendship is with all living beings,
        My enmity is totally nonexistent.

        London & Capital
        7 Triton Square, Regent’s Place, London, NW1 3HG, United Kingdom.

        Although the content of this email may reflect the views of sender, they do not necessarily reflect the views of the Company and it does not form a legally binding document.

        This email has been virus scanned before leaving our system. London & Capital cannot accept any responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or your computer system which may occur whilst using the data contained in this message.

        London & CapitalPlc and London & Capital Asset Management Ltd are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.