"The Patriot" Rolling Thunder

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 4, 2000

      The Judiciary of the United States is the subtle corps of sappers and miners constantly working under ground to undermine the foundations of our confederated fabric.
      --Thomas Jefferson (1820)
      From RMNews --

      "The Patriot" Rolling Thunder

          Saturday I planned on getting all of my shopping done by 11 AM and go see the Patriot by Mel Gibson. ....
          Well, it did not work that way. I had so much to do I  missed the 10 AM, 12 noon, 2 PM, 3 PM, showings at the same theater - not to mention all of the other ones in town. At the same theater I had 3 more chances that evening- 5 PM, 6,PM and 8 PM. After 6 PM you had to pay more  so we hurried and barely made it to the 5 PM showing. We shopped all day outside of the theater area at other stores, occasionally  passing by to see  the crowd. The parking lot was jammed packed and all day some militia group of about 30 people stood out front dressed just like the people in the movie - the soldier uniforms of the Revolutionary war.
          They must have rotated  a hundred people through those uniforms to stand out in that heat all day. I asked "Why are you doing this?" They said "We heard some ultra-liberal  theaters are trying to either boycott it or down-play it's showing or just  not advertise it. "
          We talked a few minutes more about the anti-Patriotism  and anti-Bible trend and how now our own government seems to have taken the place of the Red Coats. Then I went in, grabbed my goodies and ran to room 4-A.
          We sat right in the middle. I anticipated witnessing only a few people there for this and a great movie and great cause going down the drain. I had this attitude by my experience seeing only a handful of serious people in the "Patriot Movement" and other Traditional causes. I have heard great short-wave radio shows -within the Christian and Patriot Movement - just fold up due to lack of support. It has been very depressing to watch
      my Constitutional Rights get chewed up and spit out within the past 12 years. ....
          It has been as depressing as being a Vietnam-Era veteran and coming back to a country and family that not only do not care but deliberately side up with the tyrannical "Red Coat"  mentality of the government - corporation - NWO complex.
          I took a deep breath sunk down in my chair to hide from any FBI agent taking pictures and gorged my face with a big bag of popcorn. ....
          I already have a bad name with these modern day "Red Coats" so I did not want them to ruin my movie - even if I was the only guy in there. An ATF agent shaking me down near the end of the movie kept running through my mind because I just knew that 'we-the-few' were in for it .
          I never thought I would see the day when I would have to think like this in the U.S.A. - whether real or just my reactionary paranoia at it's best. The lights went out and I poked my head  up to see where that agent was around me almost turning my wife's Coke over on her lap. A stern smack from her on my  head -as usual- and I was back down in my "drag-racer" position in the seat.
          In just that one second in a quick turn I saw an entire audience around me that very quietly came in. The theater was packed! I could not believe my eyes, I had to jump up and stand and do a fast turn too see it again before my mind said, "Yes it is true!"
          This time she grabbed her Coke. I stood and counted the empty seats - none. I turned and sat. The advertisements were over and the movie started out slow with that real down home peaceful country scenery and atmosphere.
          As it went along, the pace became more intense I notice that my wife was starting to tremble and uncontrollably shake. The ATF (I mean the Red Coats) burned the Church down with the whole congregation in it- just like at Waco!
          I watch people more than the average person. I saw women crying and men on the edges of their theater seats as if ready to jump into the screen with their muskets. The cannons roared - a constant rolling thunder and the theater shook with a vibration that made everyone tremble from a subconscious fear.
          The realism of this production was the most unusual thing about it. An audience used to space spectaculars, super science-fiction dressed with the best special effects in all previous movies had to sit and watch something different. For once they sat there awed by the reality of war and the way this nation was born and the way this nation has survived: God, Guns and Guts.
          The shaking was almost like a spiritual awakening  and the roar of the cannons were like a distant storm coming to you from over the horizon. The Colonial battlefield skirmishes were spectacular - it was as if  it was almost 3D. The acting, the plot, the truth, the reality kept you mad or crying.
          You could feel the audiences emotions move and drift just  like the smoke on the battlefield. It was a real story that had you twisting in your seat like the best of science-fiction novels . It was 3 hrs. and I wanted 3 hrs. more - so I'll have to go see this again and again!
          After the show was over I observed the facial expressions and looked into their eyes as they left and I remained seated. Some looked like combat-zone marines with the "thousand yard stare! Others left quietly and very, very seriously with thoughts they would only share with their best  friends. It was as if for some of them a lot of things just seemed to add up and make sense within those 3hrs. -- what had to be done was in their eyes - they were awakened.
          We remembered that we were the number one nation in  banking, farming, industry, commerce and "FREEDOM"! Now we have almost lost it all! We remembered! What happened? What happened to 1970 when you could leave your home without even locking your doors? What happened to driving  around in a city all night and you were not arrested for being out too late? What happened when there was no fear and a person could hitch-hike across this country in 2 days! What  happened to the generations of school children that left Dad's  gun at home and did not dare touch it even when they were at  home? What happened to neighbors visiting neighbors and helping  neighbors? What happened to Mom and Dad being married forever? What happened to Freedom of Speech? What happened to Privacy of the home? What happened to create  this semi-Police State of "Red Coats " that we live in now?  Who is the next General Cornwallis that thinks his high-tech army will crush everybody to his tyrannical rule?
          But for me and others that were raised up in the 50's and 60's my mind went back to the Eagle Scouts Troop 512 at Camp  Manatouk, Ohio, 1965. It was a Boy scout Jamboree รข?" thousands of us spent a few weeks in the wilderness in special training. Some of us had older brothers that were in Vietnam-and some came back dead.
          Every evening we had a muster at sundown when the flag was to be lowered just like in the movie - in full dress uniform - we were in the open fields marching to a drummer, the flags were held high, they fired cannons, the earth shook as billows  of smoke drifted downwind with rolling thunder. Someone slowly played" Taps".
          I finally came out of my daydream, the lights came on in the theater, the movie was over, but somehow I knew something else was just born!   ....
      Pointman

      RMNews, The Uncensored National Rumor
      http://www.rumormillnews.com
      The Only Rumor You Can Trust
      Rumor Mill News Agency
      P.O. Box 1784
      Aptos, CA 95001
      Fax (831) 462-3949
      The above sent to JAIL by Michael Heit, Candidate House District 74, The Constitution Party of Montana, and head of the Montana Chapter of JAIL, bearman@....
      http://www.ahpom.org   ....

      "But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to
      throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."
                   -- Thomas Jefferson, Declaration of Independence

      "When tyranny comes to your door, it will be wearing
      a uniform."                                  --Jack Mc Lamb