* * Taking A Police Poll * *

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 22, 2004
      Los Angeles, California                                            September 22, 2004

      Mission Statement                  JNJ Library                     PayPal Support
      Federal J.A.I.L.                           FAQs                    What?MeWarden?

      Taking A Police Poll

      The Los Angeles Daily News for September 20, 2004, is conducting a poll asking "What do you think? Do you think the LAPD motel raids violate privacy?" and proceeds to cover on its front page a police story entitled, "Leaving no room for crime."

      By way of background, our readers should know that there has been placed on our local ballot for November by law enforcement a measure to increase taxes for themselves. The police claim they are running out of money and need this sales tax increase in order to function properly.

      Los Angeles already has the highest sales taxes in this state, and among all states of this nation. I have often reported that police in all jurisdictions need crime. Crime provides police job security, and if there is not enough crime to justify police security, we are guaranteed the police will generate it. Crime will always rise to the point to justify the existence of police
      expansion, and politicians will clamor over using these crime statistics to assure their re-election, i.e., being "tough on crime."

      I realize that my statements may sound like I am against police, but this is not the case. Too many police officers cause disaster to society, and will bring it down. I have explained this principle in a booklet I once wrote entitled, "Three Reasons Why Police Increase Crime," with established crime statistics and documentation throughout. One of its points is that higher taxes imposed upon a community will result in a more depressed society, which in turn results in a less productive society, which in turn results in more crime in the community. This principle works the same every time in every community. While two aspirins are good for a headache, too many of those same aspirins will kill you. What is good in moderation is deadly in excess, such as police power.

      It is unarguable that police action is the exercise of emergency powers, and one does not rate the health of a community by the number of emergencies it endures any more than one who has been rushed to the hospital six times in the past year can boast that they are healthier than one who has had only one hospital emergency during the same period.

      While this newspaper poll encourages Los Angelinos to respond by calling Jason Kandel, Staff Writer of the article, (818) 713-3664, or writing him at jason.kandel@..., since we are also the media, we are going to do even more than Jason asks, to wit, report this cause to the entire nation for a response. We are sure Jason will receive some most surprising responses to his poll.

      Jason writes, " 'Motel Six' squad scans guest activity," followed by his name and position with the newspaper. "Motel Six, LAPD-style, has made a name for itself by checking out who is checking in.

      "A half-dozen officers assigned to a squad nicknamed Motel Six are credited with the arrests of more than 100 felony and misdemeanor offenders by raiding motels across the San Fernando Valley for the past seven weeks.

      "They've picked up suspected sex offenders, parole violators and fugitives in crime-plagued motels lining Sepulveda and Ventura boulevards and other thoroughfares. The Valley operation has become a model program that Chief William Bratton might expand citywide.  ....

      "The Motel Six patrol checks parking lots, running license plates through police car computer terminals and getting instantaneous information about the registered owners.

      "They can check the information against guest registers and knock on doors ....

      "The Motel Six program dovetails with efforts by the City Attorney's Office to shut down problem motels..."

      If I were the upper management of Motel Six, a nationwide chain, I would contact our legal counsel about suing LAPD for using our name in a manner that implies that if anyone visits Los Angeles and checks into Motel Six, they run the risk of being harassed by the LAPD in the middle of the night.

      Jason's article attempts to make such police action sound good for society, but I would like to reflect upon some inside information. First off, no one likes to be disturbed in the middle of the night by having someone uninvited pounding on their door, and especially the police. Not long ago at 2:30 a.m. in the middle of the night I heard loud pounding on my front door. Thinking there was some sort of emergency I opened the door only to find a police officer demanding that I come out and identify myself. Was I involved in a crime, or suspected that I was? No! Was there an accuser against me? No! Was there a warrant or Probable Cause to believe that I was about to commit some sort of crime? No! Well then why was I being demanded to come out at 2:30 in the morning and identify myself? Why, there was not even a common sense reason, much less a legal one.

      Having personally taken fourteen cases to the United States Supreme Court, didn't I know that this unwarranted action was illegal? Certainly I did. But I also knew from experience in lawsuits against LAPD that the courts always covered for them no matter what. I was faced with either suffering the consequences of questioning their unlawful activity, or just complying with them. I have often said that a police state is not possible without the approval of the judiciary, and that is exactly why we need the judicial accountability of J.A.I.L.

      Prior to turning my focus upon judges, over the years I collected more than a thousand newspaper articles (mostly L.A. Times) on police activity which documented everything from police murder for hire, rape, organized police burglaries, drugs, etc. I learned a great deal of unbecoming facts about the LAPD, such as 50% of the LAPD officers are or were involved in drugs, with the justification that if LAPD did not hire such persons, there would not be enough candidates to join the police force; that the ratio of police officers who committed suicide with their own side-arm is three times that of those officers killed in the line of duty, etc.

      Having once questioned the police on constitutional grounds I got a fist in my face while I was handcuffed, and tazered by a tazer gun every time I said, "I stand on the Constitution." I was informed by one of the officers, "You have no rights under the Constitution." I responded that I thought I was in America and had rights protected by the Constitution. It turns out that none of these officers had a rudimentary understanding of the very document they had raise their right hand and sworn by oath to uphold and defend, and they violated every principle in my case, even to the extent of practicing law in making a unilateral post-arrest determination to drop the felony arrest charge, a discretion preserved uniquely to the District Attorney. In my observation, it is doubtful that these officers have ever read the Constitution.

      Ultimately, these police officers defaulted in a Superior Court lawsuit for 13 million six-hundred and twenty thousand dollars. I went through a default and prove-up before the judge, with the judge submitting the matter for judgment. But then the judge later "unsubmitted" (the judge's word) the evidence and refused to enter the judgment. I sought a default judgment in both state and federal court systems by writ, as there was no appeal from a non-judgment, and all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court both times. To this day I have been denied that default judgment and am awaiting the passage of J.A.I.L. in California to pursue my remedy to the right of a default judgment, which by California law says in default matters,  the court shall hear the evidence and shall render judgment in plaintiff's favor for such amount as is shown by the evidence.

      Jason talks about felony arrests. I know the LAPD modus operandi on this personally. Whenever the police cannot legally make an arrest, having not personally witnessed the commission of any crime, in 75 percent of the time they conveniently convert the matter into a warrantless felony arrest, and then later drop the felony charge. This is their game in doing indirectly that which cannot be done directly. Using this method, I have
      twice been arrested under the guise of having committed a felony, and both times felony charges were dropped without any felony process. The officers just could not explain or justify themselves when I knew what the process was and questioned them on it.

      As I stated above, whenever there is not enough crime to justify police existence, they invent crime. Barbie and I were sitting at an "In-and-Out" hamburger joint on Ventura Boulevard, the boulevard mentioned above, and before us were two men and one woman sitting on a bus bench supposedly awaiting a bus. I then saw all three persons stand up, and the one man place his hands on top of his head, and the other man, who was wearing a doctor's white coat, give the other man a pat down, and bring his hands down behind his back and handcuff him. They then took the handcuffed man to a new unmarked car parked in a customer parking space of In-and Out, and placed him in the car. The officer then took off his outer cover and I saw his police badge on his belt.

      I also recall the publicity of a man who took a short jaunt down to his local Seven-Eleven convenience store to buy a six-pack. It turns out that he was arrested outside the door on prostitution charges by a police woman. I am of the opinion that it is atrocious that LAPD hires pretty young women with our tax dollars to attempt to induce men on the street into agreeing to have sex with them, only to arrest them if they do.

      In evil times governments hypocritically convert moral issues into victimless crimes, as in Christ's day. Then they drug a woman accused of adultery before Him and said Moses stated that such should be stoned, but what sayest thou. Was this because they truly wanted His opinion? No! Was it because they were concerned about this woman's act of adultery? No! Where was the man? Did she commit adultery alone? No!They just wanted to trap Christ, that was all! But He, knowing their hypocrisy, told them, he that is without sin, let him cast the first stone, and bent down and wrote in the sand. While we are not told what He wrote, we are told that they all began to leave in shame. I could guess that He wrote the names of each of the women they had serviced, and they thought they had better get out of there quickly.

      Let's keep in mind that these tactics provide great media hype for public consumption regarding increasing taxes to pay for more police when that issue is on the ballot.   - Ron Branson