Back From The WTP Conference

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2004
      Los Angeles, California                                       January 31, 2004

      Back From The WTP* Conference
      *(We The People)

      You've heard the saying "Nice to be back."  Well, this is especially true regarding one factor-- WEATHER!  We left 20-degree weather with drizzle on Tuesday close to 1:00 pm (delayed one hour) from BWI Maryland, with a stop in Norfolk VA, and then on to Las Vegas where we switched planes (barely made the connection due to the delay), and landed in southern California where it was 57 degrees at 5:15 pm Tuesday evening, just getting dark.

      A member of the Save-A-Patriot organization in Maryland asked if Ron would be able to speak at their meeting on Saturday evening in Westminster MD, about 1-1/2 hours' drive from Arlington. One of our Virginia JAILers was kind enough to offer to be our "wheels" for us while we were there and even volunteered to drive us to the SAP meeting and back again to the Arlington area where we spent a few more days. On Sunday, our "chauffeur" drove us around the DC area and through "Ambassador Row" and Georgetown.

      That drive through DC left a chilling effect on me (more than just the weather). That effect has actually grown since arriving home, having the vision come back to mind time and time again like a recurring nightmare. It made me realize, by actually seeing it, the hugeness of the monster controlling us, just by seeing the monster's housing covering block after block, row upon row of huge edifices, one after another in every direction. I viewed the beautiful monuments through eyes of depression, knowing the monster was right there. I knew we were in enemy territory, but how many people realize it?  We drove by the Supreme Court building and it was blocked up like a fortress. Police were all over the place, sitting in squad cars with their lights flashing. Again, it was a chilling effect. I realized I was not in friendly territory, just looking around.

      You don't begin to get the picture just by watching TV-- you have to be there!  The White House was not a picture of park-like rolling green lawns (or even a snowy lawn) and trees with an occasional squirrel scampering about as seen behind reporters on TV. We could not even drive by it-- the road was blocked.  We had to view it by glimpses at a distance between commercial buildings. DC was a dreadfully awesome sight and feeling. It felt "foreign" --not like home. Visiting foreign monsters, like Red Square or The Hague, would not be as dreadful since they aren't controlling our people. We could view them and say "Thank goodness this isn't in our country."  But did DC give me that warm and fuzzy feeling of home?  of freedom and liberty?  of domestic tranquility?  of pride in being an American? I hate to tell you.

      Both Ron and I had profusely poured out our thanks and appreciation to Bob Schulz and to Devvy Kidd for all the blood, sweat (despite the cold temps), and I'm sure-- tears, for what they had done to make this event possible. Bob even commented that Devvy was close to suffering a heart attack about three times during preparations (he was smiling as he said that, so thankfully he was kidding), and one of the speakers commented that Devvy was like a squirrel in an acorn tree. That pretty well described it. By the way, Devvy Kidd attended the very first fundraiser for J.A.I.L. (then called the Judicial Reform Act of 1996 - JRA) at the Airtel Hotel in Van Nuys, as did John Wolfgram, another speaker at the Conference.

      This was the first of a planned annual event, and I'm sure it was a learning experience with the road being a bit bumpy on its maiden schedule. Let's let them know how much we appreciate the opportunities they give to other Freedom Warriors. I don't want to leave out the fact that we also had the pleasure of meeting Mrs. Schulz (Judy) as well.

      Our lasting memories of this trip will be pleasant ones-- of the Conference and all the people we were able to meet and talk to while there. It was a wonderful opportunity for J.A.I.L.

      -Barbie-

      J.A.I.L.= Judicial Accountability Initiative Law - www.jail4judges.org
      Send donations to J.A.I.L., P.O. Box 207, N. Hollywood, CA 91603

      "Those who say it cannot be done should not interfere with those of us who are doing it."                                       --S. Hickman