Courts Falling Apart!

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 10 4:44 PM
      Los Angeles, California                                         September 10, 2003

      Courts Falling Apart!
      Where's The Speedy Jury Trial?

      "In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury..."
                                                                   Article VI, U.S. Constitution

      One of our recently added JAILers is a criminal defense attorney in the State of Louisiana. Below, he writes Mr. Collins, the Louisiana Judicial Administrator, and asks the question,  "Where's the speedy trial by a jury?"