Restoring America Through "JAIL Sales!"

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 19, 2003
      Revised & Updated: Post # 1, JAIL_SALE_USA@yahoogroups.com
      (See P.S. particularly.)
      Restoring America Through "JAIL Sales!"
      (By Ron Branson, CIC)
      As the National Commander-In-Chief of J.A.I.L., I find my mind is always active looking around the curve to the future on ways to improve J.A.I.L.   Oft times as I drive down the highway, I meditate and ponder upon this very thing, hoping to recall them when it becomes convenient to reduce those thoughts to paper and ink.
      As I was traveling in route to an appointment, an idea popped into my head, and I am hereby reducing this idea to paper.
      Ironically, having been minded to publish this article this day, I took a look at my beginning point in handling today's emails only to find an email posted on our JAIL-SoundOff Group from Suzanne LeBoeuf. She writes, "Subject: [JAIL-SoundOff] Re: Help -- office staff for J4J's needed. .... How can we strengthen J4J's?  I think one thing we must work on nation-wide is how to raise money for an office staff, and how can we make information about J.A.I.L. spread faster? Thank you to all who join this thread.  Suz,  CAAJICSuzanne@..."   It was as if Suzanne and I were attuned to the very same thinking process.
      Now here is my idea of a way we, as JAILers nationwide, can all both make J.A.I.L. better known, and make money for J.A.I.L. at the same time, while having fun doing it. I am looking for the downside of my idea.
      Everyone in America knows and recognizes the term, "Garage Sale," or "Yard Sale." Some people are even actually addicted to them. I was once driving behind an automobile that had a bumper sticker that said, "This Vehicle Stops At All Garage Sales," a take-off of "This Vehicle Stops At All Railroad Crossings." What I am proposing is conditioning America to thinking "JAIL Sale."
      Here are the particulars of my proposal. It is no secret, as Suzanne has pointed out, that J.A.I.L. headquarters is in extremely great need of daily operational funds in order to meet the overwhelming demand of processing the numbers of people wishing to join with JAIL. (It, right now, requires a full-time person to attend to just that alone - time which we do not have.)
      While most businesses have a place, but lack customers, J.A.I.L. has the opposite problem, that of having too many "customers," but no place or staff to handle them. Further, I anticipate that eventually all 50 states will be in need a state headquarters and their own staff.
      Most Americans have stuff sitting around their house that they do not use, and who can use that space it takes up. The Salvation Army and Good Will take full advantage of American's nature to redistribute these things. However, here, J.A.I.L. will not need "official" redistribution points. Most everyone has a driveway or a front yard that can be used for this purpose, and can even have fun while they and J.A.I.L. make money to advance our nationwide cause, and restore freedom to or nation.
      The single point-person, to whom I will here call the "J.A.I.L. organizer," will receive a flat $35 or 10% of the take after costs for their day of dedication in handling this local affair. The cost of running a newspaper ad, and perhaps coffee, cool-aide, cookies, and/or donuts or sandwiches will all be taken off the top of the days' take. (J.A.I.L. shall not in any wise incur overhead charges, nor shall it incur a debt by means of the day's expenses exceeding that day's intake.)
      The remaining will be divided as follows: 20% to running J.A.I.L.'s National Headquarters, 20% to run the state J.A.I.L., and the remaining 60% to the local J.A.I.L. operations.
      Here are the advantages. JAILers and/or non-JAILers alike get rid of unneeded items which others will buy. The J.A.I.L. organizer earns money, (the more sold, the more earned), as does the local, state and national J.A.I.L.  We never miss an opportunity to get the name of J.A.I.L. out. Every "JAIL Sale" will offer business cards, a sign-up J.A.I.L. roster to join, and perhaps may offer the sale of J.A.I.L. T-Shirts and bumper stickers, or other J.A.I.L. materials, and become informed of when and where the next J.A.I.L. event will be held. (The money received from In-House J.A.I.L. items will be held separate for restocking, and are not to be considered in computing the JAIL Sale proceeds.)
      Think of those "JAIL Sale!" newspaper ads among the yard and garage sale ads. People will even come out of curiosity just to see what a "JAIL Sale!" is. Oh, yes, and let's not forget about those "JAIL Sale!" signs posted on both ends of the street, or around the corner!
      Now one "JAIL Sale!" may not seem like a big deal, but multiply that times the number of cities, times the number of counties, times the number of states, and times the number of weeks, and gee, we will have enough cash to run our National J.A.I.L. Headquarters, and to save up money to target our next state for the passage of J.A.I.L.
      Oh, yes, and let's not forget, a lot of us JAILers have positive marketable work talents that could be sold. How about if JAILers donated to J.A.I.L. a certificate worth two hours of their work talent per month, less costs. That would mount up for J.A.I.L. fast, and there would be no out-of-pocket expense. And let's consider those of you JAILers who have a merchandise business advertising your products for sale at these tables  with 25% going to J.A.I.L. You get advertisement, and J.A.I.L. gets 25%. Hey, most every merchant knows that advertisement is among his biggest costs. If J.A.I.L. sold 15 of your units local to you at a JAIL Sale, and even if you got nothing out of it but advertisement, you can rejoice in the fact that you have contributed to the cause of restoring freedom in America. How much is that worth to you, your country, and the future of your children? What good is saving wealth with no future? In effect, what we are looking at here is, "He that saveth his wealth, shall lose it, and he that spaireth his wealth, shall save it."
      Let's hear a nationwide discussion among the JAILers on "JAIL Sales!" What's the pitfalls, how can we make improvements, who are the volunteers? Can we make America "JAIL Sale!" conscience?
      -Ron Branson-
      Nat'l J.A.I.L. Commander-In-Chief
      PS -   All the contacts from JAILers, save one, are favorable of the idea, and I am pleased to tell you that National J.A.I.L. Headquarters has already received the cash proceeds as the result of the JAIL Sale Program. There is absolutely no end to the financial potential here. Let's get JAIL Sales rolling throughout every county in every state with the vision of America's Day of Deliverance.
      JAIL's very informative website is found at www.jail4judges.org
      Forum to make your voice heard JAIL-SoundOff@yahoogroups.com