* Just Enough Crumbs Of Justice*

    Message 1 of 1 , May 15 10:25 PM
      Los Angeles, California                                          May 15, 2003

      HotSeat4Judges/M-Th/5pmPT   TheJAILerMakers   What?MeWarden?
      T-ShirtMe!
                     FedJAIL4FedJudges                   E-mail&hosting

      Just Enough Crumbs Of Justice
      By Henry "Jake" Morgan, Florida JAILer

      The legal system, like a Ponzi scheme or a slot machine, pays out just enough crumbs of justice to keep the suckers coming - to keep hope alive that the "system can work."  As long as people have even a little hope that the system can be made to work, they will work like banshees trying to get it to work by conventional means.

      It usually isn't until they have thrown themselves against the rocks to the point where they are exhausted and almost dashed to pieces, that they finally admit defeat, admit that the system IS broken.  (Look how long it took Ron to reach that point - 18 years was it Ron? Hee hee hee!)
      For those people, it is only then that they are open to the possibility that the system must be changed. Why?

      Because for the average person, looking at the prospect of "fighting something in court" is daunting enough; but they can sometimes manage to muster up enough courage to do it.  But for them to consider that there is a flaw in the Constitution that needs fixing, is like asking them to confront climbing Mt. Everest. It's overwhelming!  It requires them to put themselves on a level with the Founders and Framers.

      Often, they don't really understand the Constitution well enough to allow them to do that. The Constitution, Founders and Framers are often held in reverence and awe by many who understand the Constitution very little. Gradually, through their unsuccessful attempts to get justice, working within the system, they become more and more familiar with the Constitution, because they keep thinking, "that Judge can't do that - why it's against the Constitution - I'm pretty sure..."  and they obtain a copy of the Constitution and look it up which forces them to study it and get real familiar with it.  They then become convinced that "judges really ARE ignoring their oaths wholesale."

      Their education in the School of Hard Knocks finally brings them to a high enough level of understanding the Constitution to know what you are talking about (and not be terrified) when you suggest an improvement. They are then competent enough to consider the suggestion rationally and know that they can make a good assessment of the ramifications of the suggestion you are making (i.e., J.A.I.L.).

      Until then, your suggestion sounds blasphemous, sacrilegious, pompous, dangerous, ARROGANT, and  SCARES THE H--- OUT OF 'EM.  They "KNOW" that they aren't competent to even consider the possibility that the Constitution has a flaw. What to do with such folks?

      I tell 'em once that they're beating a dead horse. When they resist - I just say, "Hey man - maybe you're right."  "You go get'em champ!"  "Wade right in there and have at 'em!"  "GO FOR IT!!!!!"  (I've learned by experience not to waste my time.) Then I go back to "Sowing Dragon's
      Teeth."

      Fortunately, there are lots of folks out there who have already figured out that the system is busted; who aren't "too smart by half"; and who can "see" the beauty of J.A.I.L. immediately. They are the ones who will roll up their sleeves and get this show on the road.

      Then there are those other guys who have to keep beating their heads against the wall because they are so blind that they can't see the open door three feet over to the right.  Some of them will come on board later when they see we're making headway and they aren't; some won't come on board until AFTER J.A.I.L. passes--then they WILL make use of it; and some will NEVER come on board. Your ability to influence them is slim to none. It's like trying to lead a horse out of a burning barn - almost impossible.  Don't waste your time.

      Just keep "Sowing Dragon's Teeth" - finding the ones who can see it right away. There are lots and lots of them.  It's impossible to know in advance who they are, so you just gotta make sure EVERYBODY gets one (Dragon's Tooth).

       [Henry wrote a JNJ titled "Sowing Dragon's Teeth" which depicts putting out thousands of J.A.I.L. business cards which he suggests everyone can create locally. Recently Ron Loeber, our New York JAILer-In-Chief, has offered to sell a quantity of high quality J.A.I.L. cards to anyone who would like them. For details, contact him at ron@....]

      Meanwhile, those other guys who are running headlong at the system will be getting lots of publicity about specific incidents of "Judicial Corruption" - thereby making the guy on the street that much more susceptible to the "Dragon's Tooth" you hand him.  When you run into them (those other guys), tell 'em, "Hey, saw that newspaper article about the corruption you are exposing - you guys are doing GREAT!!!!!  GO MAN GO!!!!  ATTABOY!!!!!"  FAN THEIR FIRE WITH A VENGEANCE!!!

      They are making our market.

      Think about it!

      You wouldn't really want to stop them from doing that, would you now?

      Best Regards,
      Jake
      [Respond directly to Jake at email address beneath the title of this article]

      JAIL's very informative website is found at www.jail4judges.org