* * America, The Land of the Free! * *

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 7 12:25 AM
      Los Angeles, California                                                    April 7, 2003

      HotSeat4Judges/M-Th/5pmPT   TheJAILerMakers   What?MeWarden?
      T-ShirtMe!
                      FedJAIL4FedJudges                   E-mail&hosting

      America, The Land of the Free!

      We, as citizens of this country, claim America to be the Land of the Free. We say the Pledge of Allegiance using the words, "With Liberty and Justice for all." I fear somehow we, as a country, and as a people, have lost all perspective of what those words mean as used by the Founding Fathers. Have we become a mindless brain-washed public that just uses good sounding words that have no meaning? It's time to wake up.

      Right now, America has more percentage of its population imprisoned behind bars by far that any foreign dictator, or country under a tyrant. This includes Russia, China, and add any other nation you want to this list and total them all together. There are no close seconds in any regime in all the world. The American prison growth industry now follows closely behind General Motors as our major industry which keeps law enforcement, courts, judges, prosecutors, attorneys, bailiffs, court reporters, clerks, busing, child protection agencies, and federal and state bureaucrats, etc., connected therewith, fully employed to the tune of hundreds of billions of dollars annually. Our country has come to financially depend upon this prison growth industry, and expanding it.

      If you will receive it, I am hearing from people who have moved to this country from foreign dictator regimes that have said that things were not as despotic in their countries. I know there will be those who will say, "If you don't like America, then leave it." This might be justifiable to say to those coming to America in search of freedom, but nonetheless, this does raise questions as to what we Americans mean when we use the word "freedom." Could it be we are just being deceived?

      Having read the below account of Roger Fredinburg, I trust you will take inventory of what you personally mean when you use the word "freedom." I, for one, as an American citizen, hardly ever having stepped off these shores beyond serving in the military, am unwilling to accept the below descript as the "Land of the Free," offering "Liberty and Justice for all."

      This is why I, as the author/founder of JAIL4Judges, a true Red-Blooded American, am working diligently everyday to return our country around to that intended by our Founding Fathers, i.e., a true Land of the Free, offering Liberty and Justice for all. Am I crazy, or is there something rotten in Denmark, or is it I am just unAmerican? You be the judge. If you feel there is something fundamentally wrong in our country, then I ask you to join me and J.A.I.L. in our pursuit of honesty and justice for all.      ~Ron Branson

      LIBERATE AMERICA NEXT
      By Roger Fredinburg

      April 7, 2003
      Last Thursday and incident in my offices caused me to make some mental comparisons. Bernice, wife of Monte one of our sales staff came rushing into the office in a panic. It was clear that she was terrified, pale face, clammy skin, shaking and clearly frustrated. She looked as though she had been chased by Saddam's muggers and narrowly escaped. Bernice is in her early 60's, a gentle and kindly woman, 5'9" tall, 115 pounds, she's committed to the Lord and though her life has met with difficult challenges over the past several years, she never shows it. An all American girl, born on a ranch in Montana, well traveled, a working woman who helped her husband run a popular downtown upscale shoe store for many years, raised two children who are successful and looks forward to being a grandma.

      Yet here she was, wringing with fear, shaking and distraught. I asked her "What's wrong"? "You look like you just saw a ghost" I said. She
      responded."The taxes! I have to get these forms out and I can't be late and I need to get Monte to sign them so I can mail them tonight." Trembling, out of breath clearly frightened. (she had mistakenly thought April first was the deadline).

      At that moment all of the things that irritate me as an American and a
      businessman began racing through my mind. The horrendous tax burden I carry, the way taxes are collected, the fear we all share every April 15.

      I began thinking about Ruby Ridge, Waco, Donald Scott, long retired stories of government tyranny. I got mad, really mad.

      Zoning, planning and building laws and restrictions, parental authority
      being undermined by the state, anonymous phone calls bringing out the state child snatchers, people being jailed for not paying taxes, ... loss of property rights, the regulations and hurdles put in front of start up businesses, the idiotic bureaucrats wielding their authority like a slave masters whip. I got mad, really mad.

      Our hired help has run amuck.

      America has more laws and restrictions on the books than any country on earth. More people are incarcerated in America then Red China and Russia combined. More stupidity flows from our supposed free and democratic system than ever envisioned by any civilization in world history.

      Even the toilet in your bathroom is regulated now and they can put
      contractors or property owners in jail or fine them substantially if they
      put a real toilet in. This is freedom they tell me.

      Seat belts, kiddy car seats, motorcycle helmets, laws for child rearing and discipline, firearms regulations, sign codes, licenses, permits and
      government permission is required for virtually everything we do.
      Permission needed to peaceably assemble?, Permission to speak and time restrictions on public testimony at open meetings? Warrant-less searches, civil forfeitures, hocus pocus - phony baloney.

      It's illegal to be out in public without your "papers". Identification laws
      prohibit our right to anonymity. If a policeman asks who you are he/she can throw you in jail for simply refusing to cough up your papers and cooperate whether you are breaking the law or just casually resting on your front porch. You will submit to the hired help or face the consequences. As for your drivers license or I.D. card ? Don't leave home without it!

      People are routinely denied due process, jury trials, and competent legal council. Tossed in jail on trumped up charges and held on a lie. In court the police are always right even if their testimony is in direct conflict with their written reports. They aren't allowed in court as evidence.... and there isn't anything you can do about it, nothing.

      The hired help, those thankless bureaucrats, have the power and use it with a vengeance everyday against unwitting Americans for no other reason than the hired help wanting to send their message of fear to the rest of the "village".

      How often have you been casually driving along and spotted a police car in your mirror, grabbed for you seat belt, worried if you had your license, registration, proof of insurance, "your Papers" in order. Is that really freedom? I wonder how many car wrecks causing death and injury result from that tyranny? Will the bureaucrats fund that study?

      In many places smoking is now virtually a crime, don't drink in public
      because police are frequenting bars looking for intoxicated folks, dragging them outside and field testing then....

      In Bellville, Illinois the police are wandering around with code enforcement officers walking into private homes unannounced and without warrants to check "occupancy levels"? Those who ask questions or interfere are being dragged off to jail or fined for interfering with a code enforcement officer in the midst of his/her duties? ....

      We have nearly a one half trillion dollar trade deficit? We are told
      deficits are good? Try that one on your bank the next time you bounce a check! Let's get real here folks!

      Banks are demanding fingerprints to cash their own checks? Even our local animal hospital demands your thumbprint now if you write a check.

      I asked myself as Bernice left the office the other day just how many
      people die from heart attacks, strokes, panic attacks and suicide every
      year due to government intervention. I don't suppose the bureaucrats have funded that research project yet? ....

      I just want my freedom back. I don't want to overthrow the government, start a civil war, protest in the streets or terrorize my fellow Americans. I just want my freedom back! ....

      ...I would ask you to consider what freedom is, and what it isn't. Let
      your congressman/woman and President Bush hear our call to liberate America too, liberate America next. Otherwise what's the point?

      © 2003 - NewsWithViews.com - All Rights Reserved
      http://www.newswithviews.com/fredinburg/fredinburg9.htm

      Roger Fredinburg is a syndicated radio host heard in more than 140 markets nationwide.

      JAIL's very informative website is found at www.jail4judges.org